Hi all NEW MEMBER

no avatar
tim

Hi all NEW MEMBER

Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi I am new to this site having purchased my first Air Arms rifle.
I have a .22 Pro-Sport with a walnut stock and it shoots just nice (that's an under statement).
I have been shooting for some time (many years) including air weapons, rim fire, and full bore until the change in the law banning pistols. I sold everything and did not have any guns for at least a week.
Realising I hade made a mistake and wanting to get out shooting again I decided to keep to air weapons only they are just as much fun as full bore.
I swapped and changed over a period of time a few rifles until I had two PCP rifles from Daystate MK4 and a Huntsman both in .177 and good for target and hunting, I was setup with keepers.
Now one Saturday morning some lowlife decided that robing my house was better than a days work and was able to although secured walk away with all my guns, they brought with them tools.
Now starting again I looked to Air Arms and their spring rifle Pro Sport. it has some very good reports. I saw a used on for sale and was able to try it out before purchase, it suited me fine and although having put a minimum number of shots through it is looking good for me.

I know that this is my first post but I would like to ask a question:- Q Can you obtain a date of manufacture from the serial number?

Thanks in advance

no avatar
air gun

Re: Hi all NEW MEMBER

Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:07 pm

hi buddy. :D
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:44 pm

tim wrote:Hi I am new to this site having purchased my first Air Arms rifle.
I have a .22 Pro-Sport with a walnut stock and it shoots just nice (that's an under statement).
I have been shooting for some time (many years) including air weapons, rim fire, and full bore until the change in the law banning pistols. I sold everything and did not have any guns for at least a week.
Realising I hade made a mistake and wanting to get out shooting again I decided to keep to air weapons only they are just as much fun as full bore.
I swapped and changed over a period of time a few rifles until I had two PCP rifles from Daystate MK4 and a Huntsman both in .177 and good for target and hunting, I was setup with keepers.
Now one Saturday morning some lowlife decided that robing my house was better than a days work and was able to although secured walk away with all my guns, they brought with them tools.
Now starting again I looked to Air Arms and their spring rifle Pro Sport. it has some very good reports. I saw a used on for sale and was able to try it out before purchase, it suited me fine and although having put a minimum number of shots through it is looking good for me.

I know that this is my first post but I would like to ask a question:- Q Can you obtain a date of manufacture from the serial number?

Thanks in advance

yes give air arms a ring and they will give you a rough idea of manafacture
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

sss360

Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Welcome to the club!

Low life scum... Was this recent? You should distribute the serial numbers onto the main forums, just in case they try to sell them privately.

Like already noted, Air Arms should be able to give you a good idea of age :)
Keep the change, you filthy animal.

Air Arms S410 Carbine .177, Hawke Sport HD IR 3-9x50 AO Mildot, Weihrauch Moderator
CZ 452 .17HMR Varmint, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42, SAK Moderator
Baikal E27 O/U, 12G

no avatar
tim

Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:33 pm

sss 360
Thanks police are dealing with it, I am not wanting to publish the serial numbers as it has been suggested not to (no tangible reason given).
I have local dealers looking out for them in case they try to sell them to a shop but I suspect they will not for the traceability.
Brighter note emailed Air Arms for a date of manufacture, Rachel replied within minutes with 27.03.2013 so two years old and looks like it is fresh out of the factory.

no avatar
Outandabout

Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:49 am

Hello Tim.
I hope your guns turn up and you actually find out who took them. Then you can meet out some poetic justice.
Kevin

Blackbaronfish

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:02 am

Welcome to the AAOC
I hope you get sorted

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Raj

Sun May 03, 2015 4:12 pm

Sorry to hear about the break-in. Hope they get done trying to sell the guns. And a warm welcome !! :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
granville

Sun May 03, 2015 6:22 pm

hi welcome tim .

no avatar
ajg40

Sun May 03, 2015 8:24 pm

Hello and welcome

Anthony