s410 classic repair

no avatar
PatK

s410 classic repair

Mon May 16, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi folks, I'm a newbie on this forum so please forgive me if I make mistakes. I have had a s410 classic for over ten years and love it dearly, however it was stored for some time during a house move and had not been charged for months. I've just recharged it to 190bar and now it leaks. I don't fancy trying to fix it myself so does anyone know some kind member in Dorset or Somerset that could fix it for me if I bring the rifle to them. Your help would be most appreciated as we have loads of rabbits here and they have taken a liking to my vegetable patch! Help!!

Blackbaronfish

Re: s410 classic repair

Mon May 16, 2016 9:22 pm

Where is it leaking from. If it's the barrel then you need to cock the action. Sometimes a few blasts of air will help

BBG
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
PatK

Re: s410 classic repair

Tue May 17, 2016 6:08 pm

Thank you very much for your speedy reply. I did as you said and fired half a dozen times with the magazine removed. I then took off the stock and using a thin oil went all over the areas ( I think ) where leakage could occur as shown on the u tube video. I could not find any bubbles leaking so I'm hoping that it will now hold it's pressure. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and once again , many thanks for your help.