My name is Matt, and I'm an airgun tinkerer.

no avatar
Moosequito

My name is Matt, and I'm an airgun tinkerer.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:38 am

Hi everyone.
My name is Matt and I'm an airgun tinkerer.

I would just like to say hello to everyone at AAOC and at the same time confess my sins.
I have owned and shot airguns since I was 12 up until I reached 30 when I felt I needed to move on to bigger, brighter, louder things, so I sold my airguns and got myself an FAC. I shot .22 RF for 8 years and although I enjoyed it, and did quit well at it, I found it somewhat restrictive as I could only shoot at my registered club and they only shot on a certain night of the week. I decided to sell off my RF rifle and return to airguns. As I had a bit of money from selling my rifle I thought I would go all out and get the airgun I had always dreamt of owning and got myself a nice new AA Prosport.

Now you would think this would have brought piece and happiness into my world of shooting but it didn't. Despite having spent a lot of money on a perfectly good if not exceptional rifle, I quickly developed an overwhelming urge to want to strip it down and play with its internals. I can't explain why I want to do this but thinking back it is something I have always done. I dropped a Vmac kit into my old Diana 38 when I was 16 and I have tinkered in some way or another with every gun I have owned since. I have read some of the topics on this forum and I see there are a number of people who share my 'addiction' to wanting to make their gun that little bit better. So I hope you don't mind me using the AAOC forum as a support group for my issues but as the saying goes a problem shared is a problem halved.

Blackbaronfish

Re: My name is Matt, and I'm an airgun tinkerer.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:36 pm

Welcome Matt. If your local ish to Nuneaton there is a Springer Bash going on. It's a weekend of like minded Spring gun nuts that could tune anything. There is a lot of talent there. It's on the weekend of 2nd and 3rd April. The venue is the same as the AAOC meet which is in Higham On the Hill, Nuneaton.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Moosequito

Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:30 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:Welcome Matt. If your local ish to Nuneaton there is a Springer Bash going on. It's a weekend of like minded Spring gun nuts that could tune anything. There is a lot of talent there. It's on the weekend of 2nd and 3rd April. The venue is the same as the AAOC meet which is in Higham On the Hill, Nuneaton.

BBF

Hi BBF.
Thanks for your welcome. A weekend Springer Bash sounds great fun, unfortunately I already have plans for that weekend. Is it something that is held regularly?

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:35 pm

Hello and welcome pull up a chair and join in :D
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Outandabout

Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:16 pm

Hi and welcome to the AAOC.
There are some clever people on here who seem to be a lot more than "tinkerers" with their guns. I am sure you will get loads of help if required from them.
Kevin

Targe

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:55 pm

Hi & welcome Matt

Blackbaronfish

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:42 am

Moosequito wrote:
Blackbaronfish wrote:Welcome Matt. If your local ish to Nuneaton there is a Springer Bash going on. It's a weekend of like minded Spring gun nuts that could tune anything. There is a lot of talent there. It's on the weekend of 2nd and 3rd April. The venue is the same as the AAOC meet which is in Higham On the Hill, Nuneaton.

BBF

Hi BBF.
Thanks for your welcome. A weekend Springer Bash sounds great fun, unfortunately I already have plans for that weekend. Is it something that is held regularly?

Most of those guys will most likely be at the AAOC meet at the end of April.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started