How Do You Adjust The Bubble Level On A EV2 MK4?

no avatar
Scrench

How Do You Adjust The Bubble Level On A EV2 MK4?

Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:19 am

I put a bubble level on my action and discovered that the original one that comes on the air tube is off. Explains my canted shooting lately. What is the proper procedure for adjusting that level since there are no screws to loosen it?

Thank You,
Scrench

no avatar
Mason

Re: How Do You Adjust The Bubble Level On A EV2 MK4?

Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:58 am

I just looked at mine and by the looks of it you can't, as it is attached to the pressure gauge housing, the position of which is fixed by the stock. They are more of a gimmick I think. You could always put a second line marking or two dots with marker pen on the vial body which would be easiest.
I could be wrong though.

no avatar
Scrench

Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:27 pm

Mason,

I took a close look and I think you are right. The level is not mounted on just a ring that goes around the air cylinder but it is also the housing for the pressure gauge. With that in mind, I don't see any way you could turn the ring even the slightest amount without messing up the seal on the pressure gauge. That's if you could move it at all. Unless somebody else knows different, it looks like the only way to compensate is as you suggest, use alternate markings, or attach another level somewhere else.

Another guy suggested that I let all of the air out of the tank then tap the ring with something to move it. With that housing and knowing the gauge and it's connections are in there, I don't think that would work at all.

Thanks for your reply,
Scrench

no avatar
Scrench

Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:50 pm

Mason, I moved this over to the TECHNICAL thread where it should have been in the first place.