PLEASE EVERYONE READ

no avatar
airarmsadmin
Site Admin

PLEASE EVERYONE READ

Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:27 pm

This is a stop gap ( hopefully) until i can the old site sorted .

pleas bear with me while i do this , i am a complete newb to this forum running / uploading etc thing :( :( :( .

rgds

julian

no avatar
Axelrod

Re: PLEASE EVERYONE READ

Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:25 pm

You are a genius, good to see the site back dave

no avatar
ajg40

Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:49 pm

Julian

Thanks for sorting the site out

Anthony

no avatar
Suffolk Rifle

Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:00 pm

Thanks for this, hope the upload of the old forums goes well - too much technical stuff to lose ;)

no avatar
airarmsadmin
Site Admin

Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:05 pm

i've got to be honest , its not going well :( :( :( :( .

if anyone KNOW they can help please get in touch please , pretty please . pretty please with cherrys on top xxxxx

no avatar
Fat pep

Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:12 pm

well done Julian
hope all goes well

no avatar
Suffolk Rifle

Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:31 pm

I run a forum over on the 'myff' server, and reading their 'help' forum, they give a small insight into how they export/import forum, I don't know if it's of any help though.
If you do buy a forum export to leave the system, you are going to need some basic expertise with mysql databases, and preferably have a tool like phpmyadmin on your system.

The procedure we recommend is.

1) Create a working blank phpbb2 forum, with the table prefix phpbb_ (this is the default)

2) Make a copy of the export file, removing the table defintions and data for the tables phpbb_themes, phpbb_themes_name. These tables contain stuff that will come a cropper if you have installed myfreeforum templates.

3)Also elminate phpbb_config from the export file. But take a note of a few entries here like record_online and board_startdate. You may want to edit these values in later with phpmyadmin.

4) Now import the export file, you may need to zip it first to beat phpmyadmin size limits. These are typically 2Mb. If your file is larger than this when zipped, then you will either have to import from a command line shell using mysql, or you will have to split the file. Take care about syntax, you cannot just split the file at arbitary lines.

5) If the import gives errors, it may be that phpmyadmin/mysql is taking exception to the character encoding definitions for tables or the table storage type. These are defined after the "}" in the table definition and can be removed.

Now in theory your forum should work. You may have issues with user styles if you have not been overiding the userstyle for the forum, but these should pretty much sort themselves out.

Would've pm'd it, but can't pm yet ;)

no avatar
zippy

Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:49 pm

stonehouse wrote:This is a stop gap ( hopefully) until i can the old site sorted .

pleas bear with me while i do this , i am a complete newb to this forum running / uploading etc thing :( :( :( .

rgds

julian

Hope you get new site sorted soon mate, Big thanks for getting us back online, hope all info and tec stuff has not been lost.
Hope you had a good day.

Kind regards Zip..... :D
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
granville

Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:52 pm

great to see site back .

no avatar
Friar Tuck

Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:49 pm

Good luck with it and thanks for what you're doing, Julian - this is too important a resource to lose!

Atb

Ian