Evening all

no avatar
singlespeed

Evening all

Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:58 pm

After having a few too many rabbits destroying the garden and having dispatched a few of them with an SMK springer which is fine for a single shot but scares everything within 100yards. I've been thinking of something a bit more stealthy.

I think I've narrowed a choice down, so I'll be ordering an S410 and PAO 3-9 x40 scope tomorrow. Probably with a 4ltr bottle rather than the Hills pump which I was originally considering.

After a few days browsing here, I'm betting the S410 will end up stripped and polished and be wearing the Rowan trigger shortly after delivery and probably be regulated sometime soon after that :lol:

no avatar
singlespeed

Re: Evening all

Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:52 pm

Well, the owner of my local tackle and gun shop had said he would match any prices that I found. However, he nearly fell off his seat when I mentioned the price of an S410 from South Yorkshire air guns and he said to go with them, as he couldn't get anywhere close :( So, I ordered the scope and slip cover from him and was just about to see about ordering the rifle.

Then the phone rang and his supplier has agreed to do free delivery. So, with minimal profit he can get close enough on the price for me to be happy staying with a local supplier 8-)

Roll on Wednesday

Blackbaronfish

Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:21 pm

Nice one 8-) . Your now on the Airarms ladder. Julian Bond in the sales section could also supply genuine spares..

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
singlespeed

Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:16 pm

Well, the rifle turned up on Thursday, but I'm still waiting for the scope. Made do with the old scope for a quick test.

Noticed that the trigger wasnt particularly smooth, so stripped it down and found a burred edge where the ground faces of the top sear meet. With the burr removed, its a bit better :)

Didnt attack the AT just yet but that probably wont be too long :lol:

Whilst the stock was off to fettle the trigger, I shimmed the reservoir, so it now passes the 5 pound note test.

Modding the stock for a raised cheek piece may be on the cards as ~15mm extra height may be spot on. Although I'll wait and see how it is with the new scope.

no avatar
Gixxerboy

Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:48 pm

Before you lay out for a regulator just try the hammer rail polish etc. You will probably find you get satisfactory results and only a small variation in FPS. I certainly did with both of the 410's I used to own.

no avatar
singlespeed

Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:33 pm

Gixxerboy wrote:Before you lay out for a regulator just try the hammer rail polish etc. You will probably find you get satisfactory results and only a small variation in FPS. I certainly did with both of the 410's I used to own.

Like the thinking :)