An Appeal ... Knock Down Targets

Raj

An Appeal ... Knock Down Targets

Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:14 pm

Well, as you guys know I have got into cycling in a big way. One of the groups I cycle with has a high % of disabled people. Some are deaf, others have speaking difficulties, some have an arm / leg missing (they use Recumbent trikes) .... and it is all about being inclusive. There are also some with poor eyesight !. Like our AAOC Meet, they have a Cycling Meet for this group in Long Itchington - at the Green Man pub twice a year. At each event, there is a Skill Share. Folks bring in examples of what they are good at and show the others how it is done. I have learnt the basics of British Sign Language and hard wood spoon carving at the last cycling meet.

I stuck my neck out to 'show and tell' about air rifles and Geetha is going to teach them to make onion bhajis from scratch. The landlord has kindly allowed a section of the camp site (with arable fields for a back stop) for some target shooting using my rifles. I dont own any Knock Down targets but would like to set a few up and let the disabled cyclists have a go at FT. Not too many - even 3 or 4 would do nicely.

I would have bought some but I mainly hunt so wouldn't have use for them after this .... Can I please borrow some for a weekend in May 2016 - Date To be Advised? Promise to bring them back to whoever lends me them within a week.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Iced Tiger

Re: An Appeal ... Knock Down Targets

Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:25 pm

I can bring the one I own to this years meet for you Raj 8-)
AA FTP 900 .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter R .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter XS Xtra FAC .22 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi 6-24X50
AA TX200 HC MKIII .177 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi4-16X50
AA Alfa Pistol .177 ~ Very Shiny

no avatar
granville

Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:42 pm

hi raj i have one with 4 knock downs and a reset you can borrow .
atb paul .

Raj

Sat May 14, 2016 12:07 pm

Guys ... Thanks to Paul, Neil and Mason for lending me the targets. I will return them at the next possible opportunity. They came in very handy indeed. What I didnt know was that a lady from the Cycling forum was well into air rifles and had also brought stuff 0 A pistol, a TDR, a TX200 and a tactical black rifle that I cant remember what it was. Also many targets. All in all, it was a great success and has probably got a few cyclists thinking airgunning now. :D
Thank you !!!

Safety Talk

First timer ...

Filling ... The moving target T-shirt was a joke ;) Went well with the AirArms hat though!

Concentration

Gnome of the Woods

Sat May 14, 2016 12:39 pm

Nice work Raj :D
Artist formally know as Gnome of the Woods

Iced Tiger

Sat May 14, 2016 1:37 pm

Nice one Raj 8-) 8-)
AA FTP 900 .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter R .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter XS Xtra FAC .22 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi 6-24X50
AA TX200 HC MKIII .177 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi4-16X50
AA Alfa Pistol .177 ~ Very Shiny

no avatar
wastrel

Sat May 14, 2016 9:14 pm

fantastic Raj.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
Outandabout

Sat May 14, 2016 9:20 pm

This shows airgunning in a different light.
Excellent job Raj
Kevin

Raj

Sat May 14, 2016 10:05 pm

Thanks! The young man in the 2nd picture has learning difficulties. There was some debate about the wisdom in putting him behind a rifle. He is excitable and difficult to manage once he gets going. However, when he saw everyone else having a go, he wanted to join in. With a bit of patience and a few tries, he put a few holes in that Pringles can at 15 yards and was so pleased, we had to calm him down by diverting his attention. Very rewarding to see him take it all in and follow instructions perfectly.
We also got Mike who is an Albino - red pupils, cant look at bright light so always in dark glasses, tunnel vision, left handed ... shooting successfully. He was knocking over and re-setting Mason's rabbit target and Paul's boars repeatedly with my S200 :) It has a rowan trigger which I angled to suit him and wound the magnification down to 3X so he had a huge exit pupil to look through so it worked.

Blackbaronfish

Sun May 15, 2016 9:32 am

Well done Raj it's nice to see everyone having a shoot.
It was in 2007 that Bill Saunders (rip) the then head of AirArms got everyone together to see the plite.and raise awareness of the disabled shooters at Stoke Mandeville. With the help of the shooting community,Terry Doe and the BBS they managed to completely refurbish the place. The damp drafty place was transformed into a shooting paradise. Nice toilets and kitchens were installed as well as the range getting a makeover.

What Terry Doe at the time noted ,was that before the refurbishment not one single person complained about the smell,drafts or even the drips from the decaying roof, to which he was told that they had far more serious every day things to think of.....makes you think doesn't it. They were just happy to do the things we take for granted,and enjoy their sport. These were people that would represent GB in the Paralympic Games :o .

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started