TX200 Short Stroking

no avatar
cooper_dan

TX200 Short Stroking

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:50 pm

Finally finished my short stroke TX200 blog post.
This has a walk through of a proper short stroke conversion (using latch rod instead of nose extension etc)

Also very happy to say Julian (off of here and Bond Gun Accessories/airarmsspares.com) is kindly sponsoring my TX200 HFT gun, and helped me out with the parts for this conversion. Genuine Mk2 spring and guides were used. Top notch parts

http://www.theairgunblog.co.uk/tx200-short-stroke-conversion

no avatar
FPoole

Re: TX200 Short Stroking

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:44 pm

Nice write up. I actually have 5 MarkI pistons as well as 3 MarkII FAC pistons. The latter has 5mm less stroke(93mm total) than the 3 MarkIII pistons I also have. The two shortest options are in my 8 different TX's, at the moment. I don't have easy access to MarkII springs, being in the U.S., so I choose Maccari springs. These are FAC MarkIII springs and work out to just under 12 ft. lbs. with the 84mm stroke. You post clearly proves why the TX is the most versatile spring gun on the market.

no avatar
cooper_dan

Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:38 am

FPoole wrote:Nice write up. I actually have 5 MarkI pistons as well as 3 MarkII FAC pistons. The latter has 5mm less stroke(93mm total) than the 3 MarkIII pistons I also have. The two shortest options are in my 8 different TX's, at the moment. I don't have easy access to MarkII springs, being in the U.S., so I choose Maccari springs. These are FAC MarkIII springs and work out to just under 12 ft. lbs. with the 84mm stroke. You post clearly proves why the TX is the most versatile spring gun on the market.

I forgot to mention the original FAC piston. Extra proof that the mk3 is too long a stroke for the UK power. I would like to try a full power mk3, then I think the 98mm stroke might make more sense to me.

I've had one comment from someone running 70mm stroke at 10 ft-lb and they are really enjoying it

Blackbaronfish

Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:59 am

Dan you really need to attended the springer bash in Nuneaton when it’s next on

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
cooper_dan

Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:Dan you really need to attended the springer bash in Nuneaton when it’s next on

BBF

I've planned to go to the last 3! But every time something else has come up/prevented me going. Maybe next year I'll have more luck

no avatar
FPoole

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:35 am

I've never fired a 98 mm stroke TX that was 12 ft. lbs., but I can say that the FAC gun is very accurate at 900 fps. It's just a tiny bit less forgiving and I'm not sure that the extra speed in the wind makes up for the differences.

no avatar
BigRig

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:19 pm

Having just bought a Tx my first time shooting it was yesterday and I noticed right away how slow and lazy the shot cycle felt compared to my 1984 77k. So lots of research last night and I came across your article and after reading it my new gun is now my new project. Your article will help and is now saved as a bookmark. Thanks for the help.

Dave