TX200SR dissassembly

no avatar
ChrisW

TX200SR dissassembly

Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:31 pm

Hi all

I'm looking for information on disassembling a TX200SR. I already have a TX200 Mk 3 and could metaphorically have that apart blindfolded, but I'm struggling to find any information on taking an SR apart. I know they are two different beasts which is why I'm trying to find this information out before committing to buy one (when I find one!). All I've really found so far is a parts diagram on Chamber's.

Thanks

bgaltd

Re: TX200SR dissassembly

Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:45 pm

pm me your email address and i'll send you what i have :-) .

no avatar
ChrisW

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:39 pm

Thanks for the offer. That's a PM sent now.

bgaltd

Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:00 pm

ChrisW wrote:Thanks for the offer. That's a PM sent now.

email inbound :-) .

hope its helpful :-)

no avatar
ChrisW

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:06 am

That's a great document you sent through Julian, thanks.

Would I be right in thinking that things like the cocking shoe, piston, compression tube, piston bearings, piston seal, breach seal and the parts associated with the spring are the same as those used on the 'recoiling' versions of the TX?

I'm going along to possibly get an SR today and am just starting to make a mental list of things I might need to look at once I get it home, although I'm told it's a minter.

bgaltd

Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:08 pm

ChrisW wrote:That's a great document you sent through Julian, thanks.

Would I be right in thinking that things like the cocking shoe, piston, compression tube, piston bearings, piston seal, breach seal and the parts associated with the spring are the same as those used on the 'recoiling' versions of the TX?

I'm going along to possibly get an SR today and am just starting to make a mental list of things I might need to look at once I get it home, although I'm told it's a minter.

i have the exploded diagram for the TX/SR if you want it :-) .

no avatar
ChrisW

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:57 pm

Ahh go on then, if you're offering :D

Actually got the thing in front of me now. Can't wait to get it down the range this week and see how it performs.

bgaltd

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:15 am

ChrisW wrote:Ahh go on then, if you're offering :D

Actually got the thing in front of me now. Can't wait to get it down the range this week and see how it performs.

on its way :-) .

no avatar
FPoole

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:09 pm

You don't remove the screws in the trigger guard on the SR. There's just the 2 fore end screws and the one just ahead of the trigger guard. The action then comes out of the stock with the guard still attached. Adjusting the trigger is a bit different, but it's basically a TX trigger unit. I tighten the sled nuts 1 at a time. I leave 1 loose and snug the other up until I feel a little reduced movement, fore and aft, on the rail. I then back that nut off 1/4th turn exactly. I then do the other nut until it feels the same as it's partner did, but I leave it set and turn the other nut back the 1/4th turn. I figure the nuts have fairly equally tension at that point. Just a few tips as I recall them, but it's been a long while since I opened up my SR.

no avatar
ChrisW

Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:46 pm

Thanks for the tips. I've just had the action out of the stock to see what condition it was in, clean off a couple of decades of dust and get a better look at the 'sr' part of this rifle.

Once I've got a baseline of its performance at the range later this week it will get a full strip down, thorough clean and a re grease. The breach seals look knackered but my other tx tends to eat those too, so fingers crossed they're all that will need replacing.