Springer Seal Life

no avatar
Roj 252

Springer Seal Life

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:19 am

Hi Guys

I just wondered if anyone has a view on what the typical life is for a set of seals.

My TX200 HC has lost some power already after less than 2500 pellets. According to the factory it was 11ft'lb when it left. Its now down around 10.1 using the factory recommended AA Fields @ 5.51 16gr

Any thoughts ?
Cheers Roj

Timmytree

Re: Springer Seal Life

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:12 pm

It shouldn't drop that much, if anything I would expect power to rise slightly as everything beds in. The seals in my Prosport usually last around 15,000 for piston seals, slightly less for breech seals. Don't do anything yet, monitor the power for the next few tins of pellets, if it drops much further then you have the option of returning it to AA or the shop you got it from. Personally if you're happy with the rifle I would consider doing a strip down and relube which will usually restore power. Get a set of power washers to raise the preload or better still invest in a tophat and guide set from Tinbum tuning.
If you really want to go to town on it then you could go for short stroking or sleeving.

no avatar
Roj 252

Re: Springer Seal Life

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I spoke to the factory and they were slightly surprised at the drop, and did offer to look at it under the warranty. I said I'd leave it for while and see what happens once I've put few more tins through it, as you said. As my TX is only 3 months old I was a bit loathed to start messing so soon or to ship it back to factory. Watch this Space !
Thanks Roj