Proport under lever

Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi my prosport under lever has started to drop down
How do I fix this problem

no avatar
gary martin

Re: Proport under lever

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:01 pm

remove the trigger guard. remove the action from the stock. turn the action upside down so you can see the underside. the bolt which holds the trigger unit undo slightly. the cap screw which holds the aluminium rail, red fibre washer underneath undo slightly. get a lever/screwdriver apply a little force to rear end of rail which should move it forward. keep applying force, tighten the cap crew which holds the aluminium rail. now you can release the pressure. re tighten the bolt which holds the trigger unit. put action back into stock, replace trigger guard, enjoy.

no avatar
FPoole

Re: Proport under lever

Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:32 pm

The fix Gary described worked for my PS. I only had a problem after I took the gun apart, but the simple fix worked. There is also a link in the cocking link that has a spring inside it. The section looks like a boxed area maybe an inch or so long. Air Arms reportedly sells an upgraded spring that also works to fix the dropping arm. I've only read the latter on different forums and have no first hand knowledge of the new spring.