TX200 mk3

no avatar
dazzler

TX200 mk3

Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:11 am

Hi all,

After an unsuccessful bonding period with the PS, it looks like I shall be biting the pellet and going back to "old faithful". My old TX mk2 was a great rifle - god only knows why I sold it??? :roll:

I'm wondering though, seeing as they run on delrin anyway, what you TX owners have done to `tune` your rifles? Someone suggested replacing the metalwork with TbT top hat and spring guides, but is the difference noticeable?

Anyway, thanks for your advice/input.

Bobby
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f...... beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back.

Albert Swearengen
Deadwood
Circa 1878

no avatar
gary martin

Re: TX200 mk3

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:17 pm

changing to delrin guides will take the twang out, if you are thinking it will turn it into some stratospheric super tune, you will find not.
before starting out on tuning your rifle, shoot it over a decent period of time. then ask yourself, is there something that you don't like about the firing cycle. only then start the process. if you don't know what you want to achieve, how are you going to get there?
Gary.

no avatar
Roadworthy

Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:08 am

The biggest single improvement to my TX 200 Mk III was probably polishing both spring ends. This eliminated twang as well as noticeable torque.

no avatar
dazzler

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:07 pm

Thank you for your input guys....

May be this week when I pick it up. will give some feedback when I have `played` with it some.

ATB

Bobby
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f...... beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back.

Albert Swearengen
Deadwood
Circa 1878

no avatar
Roj 252

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:05 am

Hi Guys..... I'm new on here and maybe there are views elsewhere in here anyway but some of the above points on this topic were of interest as its
titled TX200 mk3.

I've recently bought a HC version. What surprises me somewhat is this rifle is held up as one of the best springers, along wth the HW97 yet there's lots of people doing lots tweaks. ( and granted, people will always want to fiddle... I accept that ) So, maybe its not as refined as everyone tries to make out, or is everything else is just so poor ? not that I'm not happy with mine, its just an observation. Also, I've had mine crono'd a couple of times and the reading have been between 10.3 and 10.6...... again, I would have expected it to be around 11.0-11.5 ish ??? so far I've put about 700 pellets through it.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers Roj
Ps I'm using AA field 5.51 16 grain and AA Hunters at 5.50

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:53 pm

Hello, welcome.
I presume you have put the exact grain weight into the chrono/calculation?

no avatar
Roj 252

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Hi ! Thanks for your reply, its appreciated ... I assume so ???.... its a very reputable shop, but I didn't see him do it ( though I heard it ! ).

Personally if I did it, I take half dozen readings and take a Mean, but that's me ! Like most things in life, if you want ow't doin' proper, Do It Ya'self !

For 100 quid I'll go and buy one and do my own..... then I'll know where I stand.

Cheers Roj

no avatar
dazzler

Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi all,

Managed a couple of undisturbed hours today. I have to say within ten minutes i'd bonded with the rifle like ive been shooting it for years. After mounting a Panamax 3-9x40 and zeroing (without the recoil pin, which I cant find :oops: :x ) with around 20-30 AADF pellets, it's now putting 1/2" groups at 32 yds, which i'm happy with for now. I think they will get better when I'm finished pellet testing.

Overall, i'm delighted with it. No plans to fettle other than a strip and a re-lube along with the spring ends tidied up. All seems to be going as well as my last TX.

ATB

Bobby

Albert Swearengen
Deadwood
Circa 1878

Blackbaronfish

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:53 am

Nice to see you've gelled :mrgreen:
What lube are going to try?

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
dazzler

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:18 pm

He he. Lube. ;) Can't beat a bit of innuendo, but just in case you are qenuinely curious, I have some bumslide left from another earlier project. I will try to run as dry as I can get away with. Light coats on friction/contact points should suffice.

Bobby

Albert Swearengen
Deadwood
Circa 1878