Air Arms Pro Elite

Blackbaronfish

Air Arms Pro Elite

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:51 pm

Well the pro elite has been stripped down today and a tbt short stroke extension added. I have also added a new HW seal and also chopped the 4 dead coils offs the spring.
Test fires showed it was producing 9.5lb.

After talking to a very knowledgeable guy Jon Budd he suggested i lightened the piston, which i have done. Three slots have been cut out down its length, and i have also replaced the spring guide and piston weight with a delrin one i knocked up on the lathe.
The piston weighed in at a tad short of 400 g :o As Well as the collapsed coiled and extra piston weight it was a wonder it produced the 9.5lb.

I will put it all back together in the next few days and will share my results.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Sake-san

Re: Air Arms Pro Elite

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:03 pm

Just stop now and walk away before it's too late!, the devil takes yet another into the dark art of springer tuning / fettling :lol:
Good luck, sounds like you are already on the right path, keep us posted ;)
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

no avatar
AmBraCol

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:39 am

Well, did it live up to expectations? :?: You've got us hanging on the edge of our seats waiting for results! :lol:

Blackbaronfish

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:42 am

It seems a lot smoother in its cycle. I'm trying to put as many pellets through as I can to bed the new seal. She's running at just over 10 which is ok. I still have a few washers I made if needed.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started