Spring vs. pcp

Re: Spring vs. pcp

Postby pelletcaster » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:50 pm

Pianoman wrote:...You'd be welcome to visit me at my home in Lincolnshire where...

Hi Simon,
a tempting proposal though a little bit difficult due to my location in Austria.

Anyway thanks for your information.
Interesting that you prefer such a low magnification as most shooters would go higher so I think.
I had some excursions into HFT and found around 7 - 8x the best choice for me but on paper targets I'll go higher though never to the max.

And yes - for me its difficult too to get an absolutely precise zero fix on the bulls-eye centres. Hard to do with my aging eyes.
So sometimes I just use the center hole of a DVD-disk and paint some circles or even just some crosses on the card.
My prefered shooting position is seated from a table, stockhand on Caldwell (for my springers) or "BR-style" with forestock on Caldwell and stockhand under the stockend in the shoulder (for PCP).

Here some examples with some of my different airguns showing that I seem to understand what you're talking about. ;)
Still working to improve.

Happy & safe shooting.
Andy

Live is a journey - not a destination.
-----------------------------------------
AA TX200 HC / LGU Master / LGV-CU / HW35 / HW50s (1974) / HW50S (2015) / HW90 / DIANA 34 T01
DS MK4iS-S / SPA P-12 / CZ200S-Green
pelletcaster

Re: Spring vs. pcp

Postby TenMetrePeter » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:46 am

Use decent NSRA short fibre cards and use them back to front.
S400 MPR Precision 10m.
My Youtube

My three favourite things are shooting my family and missing out commas in sentences.
TenMetrePeter

Previous

Return to Spring guns and tuning