break barrel

no avatar
gary martin

break barrel

Wed May 10, 2017 8:55 pm

talking to a work colleague who is also an air gunner. he has a passion for old Webley and scott air weapons. he says he would love to purchase a new quality british made air rifle, but would need to be a reasonable weight break barrel spring piston. just wondering the views of the good people of this forum . he does not like the weight of the tx or pro sport, is there a market for a b/barrel air gun in this day and age.
Gary.

no avatar
Roger5

Re: break barrel

Wed May 10, 2017 10:27 pm

Not much in the way of break barrels made here any more, tell him to look at Weihrauch ( yes I know ) I use a couple of HW95s and a HW80, nice rifles and easy to work on. Combs could be higher, I have custom stocks on mine, good for wandering around the woods shooting woodies & squizzers. Rog

no avatar
gary martin

Thu May 11, 2017 6:24 pm

Roger5 wrote:Not much in the way of break barrels made here any more, tell him to look at Weihrauch ( yes I know ) I use a couple of HW95s and a HW80, nice rifles and easy to work on. Combs could be higher, I have custom stocks on mine, good for wandering around the woods shooting woodies & squizzers. Rog

Thank you for your repost. He would love to buy a rifle produced in UK, he was just wondering why AA do not produce one. I was just putting it up in the air as to the interest of all here if there is a desire/market place for one.

Timmytree

Thu May 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Producing a break barrel at the right price may be the problem. I can't quote figures but I imagine HW produce many thousands every year and already have a huge database of designs to call on. AA by comparison are tiny so design and tooling costs would be higher per unit built.