New Pro Sport owner.

no avatar
2DOTSTAR

Re: New Pro Sport owner.

Thu May 25, 2017 2:55 pm

I don't think lubrications the problem to be honest, it slides across lovely just sounds like a twang when it reaches the end and you can hear a slight reverberation inside, cheers for your reply buddy

no avatar
Brother Caleb

Thu May 25, 2017 9:26 pm

Hello, I am a very lucky boy then I did not realise they made that few. I asked many time if they would make me on I even asked them to sell me an action they would not do this, miserable buggers.

One day I was bored and I put left handed Prosport in google and boom one on free adds, £380 deal done. Not wanting to gloat but it is a cracking gun and worth every penny, so keep searching one may just pop up.

Unlike the left handed TX's the action is right handed but that is not a real problem, when I swap between the two I don't even notice. Guy on another site said that the AA pepole at the shooting show said that they would need an order for 500 to get them to make a left handed one again but that sounds like guff to me.

I bet if they had them they would sell enough to make it worthwhile, otherwise they would not make any other lefty guns.
One day they may just wake up and then I will buy a .22.

Keep looking, all the best

no avatar
FPoole

Fri May 26, 2017 12:00 am

I forgot to mention that there were 6 or 7 PS's made that had a left handed action as well. I've only seen one and it is an early gun.

no avatar
2DOTSTAR

Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:40 pm

Got the pro sport sitting in the new stock anyone know how to upload pictures because it's saying to me the file size is too big?

no avatar
2DOTSTAR

Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:58 pm

How do I post a picture of my rifle here is saying the file size is too big?

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:20 pm

Google "How to resize an image" and pick the best tool depending on of its in phone or laptop. Then upload the resized image.

no avatar
2DOTSTAR

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:31 pm

RenderedContent-517EC052-7A24-42F4-BCB3-A0872750136B.JPG
RenderedContent-517EC052-7A24-42F4-BCB3-A0872750136B.JPG (115.15 KiB) Viewed 6937 times
RenderedContent-89A9D285-4A8F-4EBF-B660-5833F86A6EC5.JPG
RenderedContent-89A9D285-4A8F-4EBF-B660-5833F86A6EC5.JPG (117.46 KiB) Viewed 6937 times

New cs800 thumbhole stock, sorted.

no avatar
Pianoman

Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:17 am

Well, 2dotstar that looks bloody lovely in the CS800 stock you have there :D (What do you want to do with the factory stock. Just out of interest?)

Brother Caleb. I've really given up on looking for one of the very few left handed Pro Sports there may be for sale out there, they just haven't come my way, so, you'd be very lucky indeed to have found one at reasonable cost.

Air Arms need a minimum order of 500 before they'll make it available left handed? Sounds like guff to me too. If they can find enough customers for making their left handed TX200 and TX200HC viable, they won't have a problem selling left handed Pro Sports surely? As I have said times before, if AIr Arms made the Pro Sport available at least in a left handed stock, I'd buy at least two of them in .177 and .22 calibre. I'm pretty sure other there are more than a few other chaps who would do the same.

I've had to resort to somewhat more drastic measures but, I'm very happy with what has resulted from a bit of elbow grease with coarse to fine grit sandpapers. I've fine-tuned my modifications of the pistol grip to a very comfortable hold of my left hand and finished the engraving of the lost acanthus leaf scroll work, blending my own design with the remaining decorative engraved work. A re-polish and oil of the stock and it looks like a time-honoured, custom hunting rifle. Nothing I have done has robbed the elegant looks and sleek lines in any way from this most beautiful Minelli stock.

Next thing to do now, after seeing what others have done with their Air Arms spring rifles and a look around the available tuning kits and bits, I've ordered a Tinbum kit. Just the basic Air Arms TX200/Pro Sport spring rifle Mk.3 kit, consisting of a delrin top hat, spring guide, some lube and washers. The metal spring guide in the Pro Sport makes a vibrant rattle and twangy sound and doesn't complement the rifle's performance at all. I want up to the limit (but not over) performance and a smoother firing cycle with a reset of the trigger. The factory trigger setting is way too light and difficult to predict let-off. I want just enough contact to pause under my finger at first stage and a light press to release the trigger with a predictable let-off at second stage. I'm taking it over to a chap who really knows his stuff where spring rifle tuning and fettling is concerned and let him work his art upon it.

I have had no issue whatsoever with loading the rifle from any position, prone being my favourite. I shoot, cock it with my right and load from the right as it is designed so, or tilt the rifle over if I need to load with my left hand. No problem to me.

It is performing superbly well with JSB Exact Heavy 18g pellets and groups these into a one-hole zero at 35 metres. If I can have this all set at 11.5 or more FPE and get her down to near recoiless performance, I would be one extremely happy Pro Sport hunter and owner. I love this rifle to bits and will never be parted from it.
Last edited by Pianoman on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
2DOTSTAR

Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Cheers mate it's an absolute pleasure to hold and shoot :) iv got the old stock tucked away in the box that the new one came in not really sure what to do with it tbh I was planning on just leaving it there in case I ever need it but if I was to find someone who wanted it for their rifle I would probably consider selling it... I seriously recommend the cs800 custom stock it's completely changed my shooting experience and their craftsmanship is second to none in my opinion :) I was thinking about oiling the stock again to maybe go a little darker but not made up my mind yet!

no avatar
2DOTSTAR

Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Also let me know how it goes with you tuning kit as I'm considering a tinbum for mine so any feedback would be amazingly helpful :) look forward to hearing from you mate.