Prosport not sitting flush in its stock

no avatar
stecorr

Prosport not sitting flush in its stock

Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi,

question r.e prosport stocks.

Just held mine up to the window and noticed there was clear daylight to the left of the barrel whilst the right hand side was flush. I had noticed when I got the rifle that the allen nut was flush on the right hand side but about a mm deep on the left. The left almost matched the rear two nuts so I didnt really pay it that much attention. Upon even close inspection there was ever so slight damage to the stock which was obviously done at the fitting stage. I thought I'd try and rebalance the two front nuts but to no avail. I undid the left hand nut then tried the right. The right nut wasnt budging past the lip of the counter sink on right hand side so I'm unable to redress the imbalance. Dont get me wrong, I doubt its affected the accuracy of the rifle as its the superb, but am I being a bit anal in sending it back?

Already spoken to pellpax and theyve said as long as I havent stripped the gun down air arms will sort it but it'll be another two weeks of not going shooting and just got permission at a local dump.

Pretty peed off here to be honest, wish I'd have given it a proper once over when I first got it so theres a lesson to be learnt on my behalf

no avatar
Bosun

Re: Prosport not sitting flush in its stock

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:18 pm

Sorry to hear of your dilemma, and you're quite entitled to be peeved. You pay good money for the PS, you should get it as it should be. Another example of shoddy AA quality that crops up from time to time. I know it's inconvenient, especially as you've just got a new perm, but if AA don't get to see it, the shoddy QA is likely to continue. Good luck stecorr.
Air Arms ProSport 0.177 Walnut, MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44
Air Arms TX200 HC 0.177 Walnut, MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44
Weihrauch HW75 Pistol
Umarex Colt M1911A1 pellet Pistol
Umarex Beretta 92FS pellet Pistol
Swiss Arms P1911 BB Pistol

no avatar
stecorr

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:46 pm

thing whats really grinding my gears is that if its an issue with the front piston chamber housing rather than just the stock, I'm going to have to break the rifle in again. I'm worried it may not have been bored out enough to . I didnt dare strip it as I'm led to believe aa rifles have a tamper mechanism. Whether thats true or not I didnt want to risk it..... :(

no avatar
Bosun

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:51 pm

I've never heard of "anti-tamper" on the ProSport. Nothing on mine anyway. From what I understand, the anti-tamper is fitted to some, or all, of AA's PCP's.
Weihrauch HW75 Pistol

no avatar
stecorr

Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:44 am

15 days and still no rifle, not happy about all this. Made a comment on the AA site and they deleted it. Without even mailing me back. You wouldnt mind but it wasnt even a derogatory comment. All I said was rilfe sent back due to dodgy fitting stock and hope they hurried up the return of it.Now that is a-bloody-nnoying
:x

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:28 am

Which AA site deleted your comment?
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
stecorr

Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:25 am

Their own site. It was being promoted on the main page as the pinnacle of engineering so thought I'd ask about how long it would take for my rifle to be returned directly under a question from another user regarding left hand stocks. It was up for about 3-4 days whilst waiting for the comment to be 'moderated'. All of a sudden, deleted without so much as an email in response.

As I say, it was completely non-confrontational. In fact I was full of praise for the rifle, just disappointed that something that cost me the best part of 500 quid could come ill fitted with a slightly damages stock.

I'm in manufacturing so I know the occasional slip up happens but to delete the comment with no explanation is extremely poor form from Air Arms

Link below:

http://www.air-arms.co.uk/video/950980- ... ro-sport-2

no avatar
Bosun

Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:02 am

I'm not convinced that AA fully appreciate how miffed some customers are with their springer rifle quality, especially when they extol their quality in the advertising blurb!
Weihrauch HW75 Pistol

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:34 pm

stecorr wrote:Their own site. It was being promoted on the main page as the pinnacle of engineering so thought I'd ask about how long it would take for my rifle to be returned directly under a question from another user regarding left hand stocks. It was up for about 3-4 days whilst waiting for the comment to be 'moderated'. All of a sudden, deleted without so much as an email in response.

As I say, it was completely non-confrontational. In fact I was full of praise for the rifle, just disappointed that something that cost me the best part of 500 quid could come ill fitted with a slightly damages stock.

I'm in manufacturing so I know the occasional slip up happens but to delete the comment with no explanation is extremely poor form from Air Arms

Link below:

http://www.air-arms.co.uk/video/950980- ... ro-sport-2

I can understand them deleting your post but..

I agree an email would have been nice.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
stecorr

Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Still no communication from either Pellpax nor air arms. Thoroughly peed off with both of them now. Just asked them for my rifle back and I'll fix it myself.