So, the bits from Chambers arrived at last!!
Flatted and polished the main spring ends in my lunch break (i eat too much anyway!)
Popped down the shed this evening (brrr) and assembled the beastie.
So I have lightly polished all the internals and removed any burrs (very few!)
Flatted and polished the main spring ends. Faced and polished the trigger sears. Fitted new o rings to the compression chamber, fitted a new standard piston seal. Lightly sanded the edges of the piston seal so it wasn't such a tight fit in the compression chamber.
Lubed everything up with the grease and oil supplied from Chambers.
Cocking is a million times easier, it's virtually effortless.
I've only put 2 pellets into the ground, but the firing cycle is much smoother, less recoil and less aggressive. But there is a huge amount of spring twang. I added more grease to the ends of the spring to see if it would deaden it, but it didn't work so I will clean a bit of grease off.
I've ordered a TBT drop in kit to try and deaden the twang, I will also check the clearance between the spring and compression tube and see what can be done to reduce any metal on metal contact.
Tomorrow lunchtime will be straight onto the Chrono as the new spring is about 1/2" longer than the old one.
It is a lovely beastie to work on, it's always a joy to handle something that's well thought out and nicely engineered.