Chipped transfer port

no avatar
ChrisW

Chipped transfer port

Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:51 am

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice. I had one of my TXs apart this week. Its a new rifle which I've had for about 4 months and I finally got round to the obligatory strip down and regrease. I also wanted to change the breach seal as the top o-ring looked like it had been very badly chewed on before AA fitted it to the rifle. Power was also a bit erratic between 10.2 and 11.8 after a full tin of pellets and this was my first suspicion. To their credit, AA sent me new breach seals FOC, excellent service in my opinion. While I had everything apart, I noticed that the transfer port has a chip missing out of it from the external face that would sit in contact with the inner circumference of the breach seal o-rings. The condition of the trigger sears wasn't great either, but not significantly worse than in my other TX so I'm not going to worry about that too much at this point. Anyway, I digress.

I haven't had a chance to test the rifle and get it over a chrono yet now that everything is back together, but is this chip on the transfer port something I should worry about moving forward or does the design of the breach and transfer port area not require the o-ring to make a good seal on this outer surface of the transfer port?

Thanks all.

Sake-san

Re: Chipped transfer port

Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:36 pm

I doubt it's a chip but, hard to say without a picture. All three of mine have a small indent which is part of the machining.
Either way, I wouldn't worry unless a large part of the circumference is missing, i.e. the seals are not sitting true.
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

no avatar
ChrisW

Re: Chipped transfer port

Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:20 pm

Thanks for the input Sake. The O-rings look to be seated absolutely fine. I've never seen such a mark or intent on my other TX but saying that I've never looked, I'll look at it next time its apart.

Fingers crossed the range is back up and running this week for testing it.