Prosport accuracy at last

roadrunner

Prosport accuracy at last

Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:49 pm

Evening all, its been a while since i last posted or even shot any of my rifles, we moved our horse in january and didnt think it correct to keep shooting on the land, so to my prosport, the rifle that will always be better than i am capable of shooting it, ive tried all sorts of pellets but always gone back to AA fields, but sometimes fields wernt always the pellet of choice, i always passed off poor accuracy as me not shooting a springer correctly, so after digging out all my stuff and heading to a nearby range i realised i had only a few fields and a tin of falcon accuracy, a pellet i had tested before and dismissed, i got to the range and noticed there was no wind at best and a slight breeze coming straight up the range at worse, so i sat down and shot a few dozen fields and to be fair it was ok and i passed off misses due to me been rusty, ok i thought i'll try the falcons, at 7.3 grns there light and fast, 840 fps and 11.7 fpe, they make the shot cycle so smooth, but all these things i allready know from previous testing but this time i had accuracy like i havent seen before from this pellet, 5 shots under a 5p piece at 35 m, so the moral for me is ive chased accuracy when really all i was doing was shooting in far to windy conditions, i look back to where i used to shoot and it was always breezy only dying down in the late evening time, ive also tested h and n field target trophy through my s400 and got similar results, but iam trying to find a pellet that doesnt foul the barrel inside 100 shots, so now iam happy with both rifles i need to find a new shoot, iam trying to get into a very local shooting range with excellent indoor and well shelted out door ranges to 100 yards, i miss been able to roam around a field shooting but i wont miss the wind
Nick