Lost a TX200

no avatar
FPoole

Lost a TX200

Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:36 pm

The count remains at 8, because i made a trade for yet another TX. This one is #00322 and, since I already have #00321, I've always wanted to add it to my collection. It has been heavily FT'ed for the last 24 years and the bluing at the muzzle is a bit lacking. It also has a stop pin hole that was absent on the early guns. The trigger is the old Venom look alike with the screwed together housing, but it has the modern trigger blade. I was most unhappy when I found this out, but after a little clean up and adjustment, it is one fine trigger. The cocking arm has zero side play even after at least 300,000 shots. The comp. tube is very nice as well except for the external discoloration. I think it will make a fine shooter because it has a good pedigree. A low spring gun at a U.S. National and a couple of seconds as well as 5th in the Worlds, when held in Ireland. It was ordered from J.S. Ramsbottom back in 1992.

Blackbaronfish

Re: Lost a TX200

Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:51 pm

Youve got the bug bad hey. Still they are a thing of beauty 8-) . Each one is like a old girlfriend :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started