Hello again, and ProSport tuning

no avatar
AmBraCol

Hello again, and ProSport tuning

Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:12 pm

A while back I was registered here, but due to work and life in general hadn't checked in in a while. So apparently I'm starting from scratch again. Hello to all of you!

After a lot of research, contemplation and saving of funds, a couple years back I picked up a ProSport in .177 caliber. It was sourced from the US so was a FAC level rifle, here in the land between the Canal and the Equator there are no laws limiting power (knock on wood) so that wasn't a problem. However, there are also no clear laws on hunting so that is not an activity for which the rifle was purchased. Field Target is rapidly growing in interest here and most folks are going the PCP route. Yours truly tends to buck trends, especially when it comes to using "out dated" or "obsolete" gear. Back in 2014 a Gamo CFX took me to third place in the national competition - even though the mainspring broke and a Haenel 303 Super was used to finish off the round, but that whetted my appetite for using a spring rifle in the nationals.

The local club sold their property due to urban encroachment and it wasn't until this year we were able to finally obtain a new property. It's a bit further away, but no one lives nearby and we can shoot to our heart's content, as long as we can afford the ammo and the Army will sell it to us. Thus another reason for interest in the spring powered air rifle - no limits on how much ammo one can buy and it is widely available (although quite high priced in comparison to other markets).

Anywho, a Jim Maccari 12 FPE spring kit was ordered and installed. Sure love working on this rifle in comparison to the Gamo! It was butter smooth, but low powered, down around 9-10 FPE IIRC. So dropped a couple of spacers in per Mr Maccari's instructions and have been shooting her off and on. Now I need to run her over the chronograph and see what she's doing. She seems to like AA 8.4 FT pellets.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Hello again, and ProSport tuning

Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:12 am

Hello and welcome back :D
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Blackbaronfish

Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:51 am

Nice first post.
Welcome back to the AAOC

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Raj

Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Nice to have you back again!
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Outandabout

Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:24 pm

Welcome back.

no avatar
AmBraCol

Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:59 pm

Thanks, guys! I'll try not to be such a stranger. The ProSport is definitely my favorite rifle now. :D