New Pro Sport Sometimes it will fire and sometimes it won't

Timmytree

Re: New Pro Sport Sometimes it will fire and sometimes it wo

Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:00 pm

Dddrees wrote:
Timmytree wrote:
Dddrees wrote:Thanks for the assistance and recommendations. As of the last couple of sessions on my deck I haven't had any more incidents where I needed to cock the rifle a second time. So for now I think this must have been more to do with the user than the rifle and for now I think I will leave well enough alone.

I must say this is not only fine looking but nice feeling rifle. What a pleasure to behold.

They are beautiful, mine is my go to rifle for just about everything. The last "tug" at the end of the cocking stroke is well known but it's also important to remember a regular drop of light oil on the safety button, that helps to stop it sticking.
As for getting the best from the Prosport, always use the same hold and it will reward you, I use the forward stockbolts as a guide to forehand position and can rest the stock on my hand or directly on shooting sticks with no loss of accuracy.

Great points. I'll have to remember these. Is it possible to successfully apply the oil on the safety without breaking anything down?

No problem, just a single drop occasionally, I think AA mention it in the handbook as well.

no avatar
Dddrees

Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:36 pm

Timmytree wrote:
Dddrees wrote:
Timmytree wrote:
They are beautiful, mine is my go to rifle for just about everything. The last "tug" at the end of the cocking stroke is well known but it's also important to remember a regular drop of light oil on the safety button, that helps to stop it sticking.
As for getting the best from the Prosport, always use the same hold and it will reward you, I use the forward stockbolts as a guide to forehand position and can rest the stock on my hand or directly on shooting sticks with no loss of accuracy.

Great points. I'll have to remember these. Is it possible to successfully apply the oil on the safety without breaking anything down?

No problem, just a single drop occasionally, I think AA mention it in the handbook as well.

They did, thanks.

no avatar
Dddrees

Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:43 pm

Sake-san wrote:Once set up properly the CD trigger is excellent. Personally I would strip it, clean out the transit grease and relube with something more appropriate, no end of "how to" info on the Internet, just google TX trigger (it's the same) dismantling or similar.
If you don't feel comfortable with stripping it then another effective option is to flush it several times with an aerosol degreaser, let dry then apply a light misting into the unit with an aerosol oil (eg Napier Power or similar).

I've actually been checking some things out and weighing whether I want to strip my rifle or not. At this point I'm just not convinced that its what I want or need to do. The manual states it's not necessary and if i should need to use the warranty I have a concern that I may not be able too. Besides I don't even have any idea what benefit or performance improvements I can expect from doing so.

Sake-san

Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:48 pm

Then just leave it alone and enjoy it ;)
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun