Had my CD tuned for me...

no avatar
Riffler

Had my CD tuned for me...

Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:08 pm

A few months ago I bought my first AA springer, a .177 TX200 mk3, VMached.

The trigger was gritty and heavy on release, so I tried lightening the pull weight by 1/8th, then 1/4 turns.
This left the release no lighter but now unpredictable.
Returning to the original screw positions didn't help.
This just gave me dodgy release and a floppy trigger if I aborted the pull.

I posted for advice here.
Many thanks to those who replied.

I don't have the skills or balls to service a trigger myself, so I asked the guy who modded and tuned my HW30s Rekord if he'd take a look at the CD for me.
He has done hundreds of Rekords but this was his 1st AACD.

Here's his thoughts on the CD on first inspection

"Sears were that rough I had to get the dremel on them before paper then hone them up to a mirror finish and I've cut a window in the side so I can see what the rear Sears are doing when I set it up.......It's the rear sear edge,it's rough as a badgers *rse and not perfectly square so when you're setting it up they are jamming right on the edge making it go floppy...Some rekord units do the same thing and it's just a case of correcting them and polishing them up"

He has no AA actions/stocks (got plenty of HWs tho, so he can test Rekords fully before returning them) so he had to send the CD back to me set to what he felt was going to match what I had asked for; a Light/safe/crisp release and no floppy trigger.

I got the trigger back and refitted it to the TX.
Initially the pull weight and release were spot on but the blade still floppy if you aborted the pull. He suggested 2 tweeks and one of these worked perfectly, a 1/8th turn of a single screw was all it took to make it perfect. It's nice and light but I can't get it to misfire by knocking the stock.

Well happy now!