CD trigger mod?

no avatar
Riffler

CD trigger mod?

Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:57 pm

"I once read somewhere that the main problem with these triggers is the " incorrect " angle of the two grub screws that govern the 1st and the 2nd stage. I think it was an American guy and he had made a new blade with the " correct angle " for the grub screws."

(The above lifted from AGBBS)

Has anyone seen this, or know the link?

Sake-san

Re: CD trigger mod?

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:40 pm

There is really no problem at all with the CD trigger, except from people who don't understand how to adjust / set up. It can typically be transformed from very good to truly excellent with a tiny amount of polishing.
You will find a number of World Champion target shooters who are more than happy with it, perhaps they have different aspirations though to the erudite folks who like to hold court on the BBS ;)
Having said that no doubt if you search hard enough you may find someone who has changed the adjustment screw angle, most bits of the TX have been fettled with at some time :)
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

Sake-san

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:24 pm

As it was 41c here this afternoon I spent a cool 30 minutes inside having a wee search for you, the only thing of relevance was Pyramid Air in the US praising the AA CD trigger over the Weihrauch Rekord unit ;)
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

no avatar
Riffler

Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:32 pm

Thanks folks.

no avatar
seagate

Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:47 pm

For what it's worth,and speaking as a hw man, I think the trigger on my tx and in general re superb. I've had nosey in there and I did give it a polish, I feel fortunate I didn't ruin it.
They're great triggers that can be set how ever you like them.

This bloke who recons they're set at the wrong angle is full of it.

no avatar
pelletcaster

Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:37 pm

seagate wrote:For what it's worth,and speaking as a hw man, I think the trigger on my tx and in general re superb. I've had nosey in there and I did give it a polish, I feel fortunate I didn't ruin it.
They're great triggers that can be set how ever you like them.

This bloke who recons they're set at the wrong angle is full of it.

So it is! :!:
Live is a journey - not a destination.
-----------------------------------------
AA TX200 HC / LGU Master / LGV-CU / HW35 / HW50s (1974) / HW50S (2015) / HW90 / DIANA 34 T01
DS MK4iS-S / SPA P-12 / CZ200S-Green

no avatar
Brooksy

Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:53 pm

I've got an Anschutz Match Trigger on my Theoben Rapid and I've stripped it and others to replace the odd broken sear, I reckon the AA trigger is fantastic in comparison. Simple, strong and easy to figure out.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
Nick G

Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:24 pm

Yes indeed, I have made my own trigger blade , the same as the rowan, but with the screws moved closer to the pivot point,and closer to a vertical angle of attack.
The second stage is a more defined stop, then the release is almost think and its gone, I think its a little better than standard, but probably not worth the effort,
I am told, the "perfect" trigger blade " from steve pope is a direct replacement and does something similar to mine , hope this is of some use .

no avatar
FPoole

Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:38 am

A fellow called Rikard, I think that was his name, over on the BBS, posted pics of his old Venom unit as well as the first model CD unit. The screws were as NickG suggests. The first TX's had CD trigger units that were held together with screws and not rivets. My oldest TX is #00321 and is riveted, but a friends TX #00322 is the screwed together unit. I'd say that was the change over point, but mine should have been the first type as well. I never got around to trying the change because my triggers are too good as is. We used a digital weight of pull gauge on my friends TX and it was set at 2 oz. See if a Rekord will do that and function properly.

no avatar
Nick G

Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:23 pm

The first one I did , I plugged the pivot hole and re drilled it as close to the adjusting screws ars possible without breaking through, the trigger then needs a little clearance at the front , this also worked well, I will try to find a picture