Start of lever travel.

no avatar
Riffler

Start of lever travel.

Sat May 28, 2016 1:34 pm

Has anyone tried adding a strap to the end of underlever, to help release from the detent? Repeatedly pinching the lever with thumb and forefinger is hard on the fingers. A strap, or perhaps leather bootlace, just to pop the bearing before going on to cock by hand, as usual, might do it. (Awaits "man-up" comments)

no avatar
wastrel

Re: Start of lever travel.

Sat May 28, 2016 3:11 pm

never really considered this before, I`d be more wary of undue wear to the barrel `blueing`, & a loop of any sorts hanging from the front of any rifle used in the field (read woods) could be at best an annoyance, at worst downright dangerous.
my underlever isn`t difficult to unpin (help!) but if it was I`d look to make the indent a little shallower with say bluetack or summit.
other than that, I`m afraid, it`s man up amigo! :lol:
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
Riffler

Sat May 28, 2016 4:48 pm

My bunny hunting is static now, staking out warrens.
It's a toss up between a strap wearing the lever bluing and your fingers wearing it, I guess.
After 3hrs of plinking yesterday my nailbeds were parting from the nail.

Sake-san

Sat May 28, 2016 5:42 pm

The under lever is easily adjustable for length, the muzzle end is simply threaded into the tube (you may need a little heat as sometimes they have thread lock on. You should not have it too tight in any case as this can impact POI.
Some non-slip heat shrink on the end of the tube is a neat and simple solution to aid grip for opening and to prevent slip when cocking.
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun