Tin bum short stroke for tx.

no avatar
seagate

Re: Tin bum short stroke for tx.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:51 pm

Just a quick update.
The tx spring with all that preload I noticed was binding on the inside of the piston.

So refitted the titan no 10 running on the tinbum guide ,which incidentally needed a mate to turn a few thou off.
Wetted the spring with the merest hint of cheapo molly. The rear piston bearing got a smear of tb paste aswell.The outer comp tube got a smear of cd90 moly cote. The front of the piston seal was as clean as a whistle, with the seal walls grimy with the paste,so no action required there. Didn't put a front slip washer in as I remembered there was already a polished washer lurking down the bottom of the piston,so just the nylon top hat at that front end with no preload.
After a tin + of 7.9 aa express shot over the last couple of weeks , it was chronoed it last night,it's shooting at 10.7ftlb 780ish as consistent as one could wish for.So it's all done , i'll leave it all alone now :roll: . Shoots fantastic with tb kit fitted.

Just a note about aaf express 7.9 ,it's the best pellet for medium range/garden plinking but I have noticed at longer range,maybe 15-20 yards further out it actually got more consistent results with aaf8.4. A touch more recoil but..

no avatar
seagate

Re: Tin bum short stroke for tx.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Done al ittle more chroney testing this evening after a month of plinking.

aaf 8.4 11.15 ftlb 773fps sd at 25 yards 4.7 bc .0180
express 7.9 11.25 800 4.6 .0239
falcons 7.3 11.00 824 3.3 .0154

So they all have crept up a little, hopefully though reached a plateau.