TX200 or TX200hc

no avatar
Falconhoof

TX200 or TX200hc

Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:57 pm

A bit of advice please chaps.
Is one TX better than the other and why? I'll be looking to use it for hft and will probably give it a little tinkle such as a tbt kit for example.
Thanks in advance.

Sake-san

Re: TX200 or TX200hc

Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:38 pm

If you plan to leave in the standard stock and only give it a little tinkle, then the best advice has to be to shoulder and shoot them both if possible before you decide.
If you get the bug for competition shooting then at some point you will most probably get the urge for a moderate or even major tinkle... short stroking to reduce the hold sensitivity and critically to allow you see the pellet flight and strike point with reduced sight picture movement.
Whilst not impossible with the HC the ultimate tinkles are generally easier with the full length, a really well sorted TX will be very close to a PCP for sight picture movement and of course more consistent ref fps spread.

Otherwise...
HC is both shorter and lighter but, slightly harder to cock and a little noisier.
Full length is more efficient (due to longer barrel, less spring force needed), more weight toward the muzzle (preferred by some, re less flip / better balance on positional shots).

You will not go wrong with either and subjectivity will cloud most third party advice. For what it's worth I started with an HC but, switched to full length TX's for both my HFT & FT piston rigs.
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

no avatar
gary martin

Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:51 pm

i dont see many HC versions on the curcuit, im talking FT though. easier to cock and achieve power levels required when modified.

no avatar
Falconhoof

Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:36 am

I've currently got a HW97k stainless in a beech thumbhole stock that I imported from Germania. The plan was to shoot hft with it this year. I've had the full wonkydonky treatment (short stroked piston lightened etc) done to it and it shoots brilliantly apart from the barrel let's it down. With it been the nickel plated affair somehow the plating process affects the barrel. I've had one batch of AAfield that worked well and everything else is pretty poor. With the good batch it's great too 35yards than after that it's a lottery. Aparently Weirauch shockingly know of this problem with some of their stainless effect barrels and replace them. My problem there is that I've had the rifle tuned and I imported it myself. I'll won't buy another HW of any type again, so a TX will be my choice for next I think.
I'm gonna have to shoot the trusty old 510 at the masters at the Northern Shooting Show, give me a shout if anyone's there. BIG thank you to Paul from the forum who is loaning me his single shot adaptor, fantastic gesture.
Any help or advice regarding the TX200 will be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Sake-san

Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:33 pm

If you are interested in hitting targets, or in seeing how you missed the advice for the TX is easy...
Get a full length MKIII and install Nick G's tune (short stroke ally o-ring piston, spring, top hat and guide), after somewhat exhaustive experimentation it remains without equal...
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

no avatar
Falconhoof

Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:50 pm

Sake-san wrote:If you are interested in hitting targets, or in seeing how you missed the advice for the TX is easy...
Get a full length MKIII and install Nick G's tune (short stroke ally o-ring piston, spring, top hat and guide), after somewhat exhaustive experimentation it remains without equal...

Cheers for both replies Sake-San. I'll certainly look into what you've posted

no avatar
davyt63

Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:20 am

I use my hc for HFT,last year won the greyhound masters with it.
I have also used a standard,to be honest accuracy wise there is no difference,once matched and calibrated with the correct pellet.

Hc or standard has to be personnel preference,I can bring both to the AAOC meet for you to try :D :D
did i mention,i have done one less meet then Ray, lol.

no avatar
Falconhoof

Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:12 pm

davyt63 wrote:I use my hc for HFT,last year won the greyhound masters with it.
I have also used a standard,to be honest accuracy wise there is no difference,once matched and calibrated with the correct pellet.

Hc or standard has to be personnel preference,I can bring both to the AAOC meet for you to try :D :D

Make sure you bring them to the Benefit Boys meet Davy, I think that's the first one to happen out of the three.
It's Pete by the way (jacks dad)
;)