How light can you go with the piston?

no avatar
gary martin

Re: How light can you go with the piston?

Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:12 pm

Nick G wrote:
gary martin wrote:Nick, top bombing at the PJBRC yesterday mate, that was a very good score. i was pleased with my own result with the lack of set up time. i shall be shooting piston class all year, so hoping to get some major improvement.

Thanks Gary, surprised myself and managed to hit all of those damned reducers :D , you did very well considering it being a new set up and all .

Thanks Nick, yes i was pleased with the result, did well on the reducers too. i really want a TX in a full on FT stock. i need more weight in the rifle. better start saving.

Sake-san

Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:17 pm

I have some recommendations... ;), you two, like cats at the cream, well deserved and am expecting more from both of you.
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

no avatar
FPoole

Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:00 am

Tim, you can remove the plug in the comp. tube, then have the tube honed on a pin fitting hone. This will make it straight unless it is just too far out of spec. I had one of my TX200 tubes honed and, while it seemed to be way out of spec, it was actually not bad. Your machinist can run the hone for just a few seconds and then take a look at the crosshatch pattern to see if it will true up easily. My machinist friend told me that the tube is very hard.