AA side lever

no avatar
Capital

AA side lever

Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:59 pm

Good evening. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for a stripdown on an SE90? I bought her about a year ago and apart from replacing a lost trigger pin, I've not had her apart. The shot cycle is very nice, but a bit low, as the best I've got out of her is 9.5fpe with JSB exact 5.52mm. I'm pretty steady with break barrels and have rebuilt some side and under levers before, but wanted any tips you guys could offer on this old girl, as the last thing I want to do is bugger a part that proves to be obsolete when I have to replace it.

Thanks Mark
On a couple of other sites as Capital Bee, but due to fat fingers have registered as Capital on AAOC!

bgaltd

Re: AA side lever

Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:13 pm

do you know the part number ?

do you have an exploded diagram ? if not send me an email and i'll email you back with one :-).

Blackbaronfish

Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:22 pm

Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Capital

Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:24 pm

At the moment, I'm just looking for service parts (spring and piston seal). It's fully functional, just a bit low on power (unless anyone advises otherwise). However, I would welcome any methodology any of you guys have employed to strip these old side levers down.
On a couple of other sites as Capital Bee, but due to fat fingers have registered as Capital on AAOC!

no avatar
Capital

Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:28 pm

BBF, thanks for the info'. You may recall the rifle, as you had your photo taken with it for the mag' article (the blonde stocked one). I had some useful info' from Air Arms in the shape of exploded diagrams and original Pt No's. I'll see how I can share it if anyone's interested.

Blackbaronfish

Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:49 pm

I thought that was a ex88. I tried to find out who's rifle that was as I wanted to buy it. I ended up buying a Khamsin in .177 flavour.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Capital

Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:42 am

Blackbaronfish wrote:I thought that was a ex88. I tried to find out who's rifle that was as I wanted to buy it. I ended up buying a Khamsin in .177 flavour.

BBF

You could well be right. The stock mod, with the rosewood added at the front confused me tbh with regards to what model it is, so it could be the ex88. I wouldn't have sold it though :)

Blackbaronfish

Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:14 am

Could you bring it to the AAOC meet at Micks place. Its on at the end of this month.

BBF

no avatar
Capital

Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:10 am

Unfortunately not as I'm already booked to go away with my wife that weekend. I'll bring it along to the next bash I attend though. By the way, the offer of a small donation to the coffers for the charity still stands, let me know how to pay.

no avatar
Capital

Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:03 am

I just looked through the link you sent me BBF and you're right I think, as the model I have has a brass trigger and no opens and I'm wondering if it was a maple stocked version, as it is so blonde? Right , can anyone advise springs, seals and strip down-ology?