Pro-sport .22 refitting questions.

no avatar
tim

Pro-sport .22 refitting questions.

Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:35 pm

My prosport .22 is quite new and shot about 300 pellets only, but it has just lost some power on a crono showing 9.2 ftLbs.
I decided to investigate and look in detail at the fit of all the parts.
On stripping I found that the breach seal was not in the best of condition with small slivers of the seal material in the end of the compression tube around the mating face of the seal.
The seal was split part way through so was not in good shape needs replacing.
The piston seal is also not in great shape I cant decide if the issue with it is from new or wear, 50% of the leading edge where it mates with the compression tube bore, it has flakes just what I would expect with a manufacturing fault (I would call it flashing on a moulded product) See photos jpg & jpg2 are the seals normally like this?
I also feel that the clearance between the compression tube assembly (ps280) and the main body of the action the cylinder (ps215) is too much.
The delrin buttons measure a diameter of 29.842mm and the cylinder bore measures 30.037mm giving a clearance of 0.195mm this is allowing the compression tube to move sideways in the cylinder when the breach is locking.
Could this clearance account for the breach seal failing or is 0.195mm clearance correct?
Attachments
.jpg2.jpg
.jpg2.jpg (205.21 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
.jpg
.jpg (184.7 KiB) Viewed 1614 times