Poor quality parts

no avatar
Moosequito

Poor quality parts

Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:45 pm

I apologise for posting a link to another forum but during a google search I found this....

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/ind ... c=100568.0

It is quite concerning to see the poor quality of some of the AA Prosport parts. The poor fittings on the compression tube is of particular worry.
I know these AA rifles are in America but has anyone in the UK noticed the same issues that this guy has experienced? The more I read about the Prosport the more I want to open mine up to see what is going on inside.

Blackbaronfish

Re: Poor quality parts

Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:26 am

Wow :o . You find one post and think all is bad. He even said it was great out of the box. The problem is we all like to fiddle and therefore look for imperfections. Extra grease and oil in a rifle that has been sent abroad,as well as being stored before sale is a good thing isn't it :? .
Should the gun store check it over before sale :roll: ,as I'm sure I would :D .

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Moosequito

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:26 am

I don't think all is bad. I was just very shocked to see the state of some of the parts as it is not what I would have expected from AA. I just put it out there to see if anyone else has come across this. Its a good article too.
Putting extra Grease on the spring for transporting overseas makes sense. The amount of sticky Grease inside the AA springers does seem to come up regularly. I have only put about one tin of pellets through my Prosport so far but I have already had to wipe out a fair bit of Grease that has made its way forward of the compression tube into the breech area.
As everyone who owns one would agree, the Prosport is great out of the box. And if it aint broke don't fix it. But! For those of us who love to fiddle, the out of the box Prosport does seem to cause an itch.

Blackbaronfish

Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:10 pm

I do know that an ex manager of AA was trying different types of grease for a while. ;)
Even known tuners can't agree what's best :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
DESERT FOX

Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:00 pm

I have a 2009 and a 2015 Prosport.
Both the quality of the internals are fine in mine.
They do benefit from a relube,as the AA lube is a right cacky stuff.