Tx vs Prosport

no avatar
Dr B

Tx vs Prosport

Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:48 pm

My springer is a Tx200Hc (MK III), walnut stock and in .22. I love this gun. It needs a service now but its been faultless since I bought it new nearly 12 years ago. I love it. I've never owned a Prosport - but love the look of them and I'm tempted.

I'd like to ask those of you that have owned both, in your honest opinion, does the prosport have any major advantage over the T-rex? I dont do target shooting - I only hunt but obviously if the prosport is top notch on the range, there is little reason why this wont translate to the field. I reckon the only real difference is balance, due to the fact the Tx cocking level runs under the barrel as opposed to being under the action in the stock - but which do you prefer and why?

Thoughts welcome. ;)
AA S410 .22, Classic Walnut Thumbhole stock, Hawke 4-12 x 50 Panorama IR/AO/EV
AA S410 .22 Carbine (Cloverleaf Tuned) Walnut stock, Hawke Airmax 30, 4-16 x 50mm IR
AA TX200Hc .22, Walnut stock, Simmons 3-9 x 50mm.

no avatar
gary martin

Re: Tx vs Prosport

Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:54 pm

pro sport advantage is simple, looks. disadvantage, mechanical, the cocking linkage is via a very small cap screw into the comp tube.
personal preference, thats all.

no avatar
wastrel

Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:22 pm

Now there's a turnaround, my old airsporter was underlever & a feather weight compared to my '77 (but so was everything else compared to a 77) my S200 is a feather weight (compared to everything else) & my LGU is on a par with a 77!
now, since my 77, 200 & LGU leave my 'sporter loooking like it's from the dark ages accuracy wise, I just need to split these 3!
Hmmm, sorry veerouchhh, had nothing like the quality of ammo we can call on now back then, so can't count you in (Although I'd love to see how you'd perform with 'fields) so it's S200 .22 vs LGU .177,
for field work, no question, 200 for weight alone, & target,
well, you get it!
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
Phil B

Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:25 pm

I have the TX and tried fellow members' Pro Sports and also spent ages working the cocking of both at the gunsmiths. For me - and call me a weeney, I found the ProSport tiring to cock and the angular shape of the cocking lever uncomfortable. Cracking rifle though and would have been the choice if the above didn't count. Love the TX mind even if its heavy.

no avatar
Phil B

Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:39 am

KeithS wrote:We have a section for springers :roll:
We do indeed and that applies to a large amount of posts on this general chat section.

no avatar
Outandabout

Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:10 am

Keith and Phil
You are both right about threads being mixed/combined. I know 1 thead can lead into another but to start the thread in the wrong area just needs a little thinking about. I dont know why people do it, especially the newbies first post being in the for sale section?. This realy gets to me when they cant even be bothered or dont take the time to find out how to introduce themselves 1st. I personaly will not answer any of these threads
In a perfect world eh.
Kevin

no avatar
Phil B

Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:35 am

A good point. Trouble is the swift look at the site and its easy to look at general chat first. As a point of interest, there does not seem to be a PCP section or have I missed it?

no avatar
Dr B

Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:57 am

gary martin wrote:pro sport advantage is simple, looks. disadvantage, mechanical, the cocking linkage is via a very small cap screw into the comp tube.

Thanks Gary
Interesting to know and thanks. Is there a major difference in the balance of the guns? My T-rex Hc feels really well balanced, I would imagine a Prosport would be an improvement, or perhaps too nose-light???
AA S410 .22 Carbine (Cloverleaf Tuned) Walnut stock, Hawke Airmax 30, 4-16 x 50mm IR

no avatar
Dr B

Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:58 am

Phil B wrote:I have the TX and tried fellow members' Pro Sports and also spent ages working the cocking of both at the gunsmiths. For me - and call me a weeney, I found the ProSport tiring to cock and the angular shape of the cocking lever uncomfortable. Cracking rifle though and would have been the choice if the above didn't count. Love the TX mind even if its heavy.

Thanks Phil. Would you say the T-rex is heavier than the prosport? I'm not familiar with the numbers on this. I dont mind a heavy spinger to be honest, just interested to know.

no avatar
gary martin

Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:28 pm

Dr B wrote:
gary martin wrote:pro sport advantage is simple, looks. disadvantage, mechanical, the cocking linkage is via a very small cap screw into the comp tube.

Thanks Gary
Interesting to know and thanks. Is there a major difference in the balance of the guns? My T-rex Hc feels really well balanced, I would imagine a Prosport would be an improvement, or perhaps too nose-light???

i have a p/sport, as a target shooter i prefer the tx, being a little heavier at the nose. personal preference once again, but i wanted a p/sport.