pro sport and lgv greasy bits

no avatar
itmovedhonest

pro sport and lgv greasy bits

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:42 pm

Am I the only one to think that the walther lgv internals look awfully like those of a pro sport or tx200?
So much so that I was wondering if a bit of a deal was done.
All the hype about revolutionary design on the LGV and it looks as though they reinvented the wheel.
I have to say that my LGV shoots as well as my PS and apart from a few washers to up the power from 9.5 f/lbs, it is factory spec.

It would be good to know if anyone can shed any light on why they are so similar.

Neil

no avatar
gary martin

Re: pro sport and lgv greasy bits

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:46 pm

similar, yes, there is only so much you can do with a design. a piston in a compression chamber powered by a spring. marketing says revolutionary, reality says it's a piston/spring affair.

no avatar
T 20

Re: pro sport and lgv greasy bits

Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:21 pm

itmovedhonest wrote:Am I the only one to think that the walther lgv internals look awfully like those of a pro sport or tx200?
So much so that I was wondering if a bit of a deal was done.
All the hype about revolutionary design on the LGV and it looks as though they reinvented the wheel.
I have to say that my LGV shoots as well as my PS and apart from a few washers to up the power from 9.5 f/lbs, it is factory spec.

It would be good to know if anyone can shed any light on why they are so similar.

Neil

They don't just look the same Neil the Walther LGV/LGU piston drops straight into the TX and Prosport. ;)

My .22" TX is currently running an LGV piston, Weihrauch HW77 piston seal, HW77 breech seal and a Mach1 trigger blade. 8-)

Here's the buildup thread :- http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php ... ost6738089

If you attend the AAOC meet at my place you'll be welcome to have a play with it.

All the best Mick