TX's & Prosport

Sake-san

TX's & Prosport

Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:55 pm

The management kindly spared no expense in creating this section on the forum, so please do use it. There are no stupid questions only potentially (and rarely on here) stupid answers.
AA produce some of the finest spring powered air rifles available today (if you doubt just research the various FT / HFT springer results).
It's a free service, with knowledgable (well mostly ;) ) members....
Let's see a wee bit more activity please 8-)
There is no shame, the pea shooter, point and squirt PCP brigade have a (minor) role to play but, people who can really shoot use springers...
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

no avatar
gary martin

Re: TX's & Prosport

Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:33 pm

it will take off, just takes time. i would add that other makes of air weapons could also be discussed here.
as for point and squirt i shoot both :shock: love both forms, so dont be shy.

Sake-san

Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:33 pm

Roll up, roll up .... Absolutely Gary, all makes catered for, also have my eye on a PCP (or two ;) ), time will tell :mrgreen:

no avatar
gary martin

Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:36 pm

Sake-san wrote:Roll up, roll up .... Absolutely Gary, all makes catered for, also have my eye on a PCP (or two ;) ), time will tell :mrgreen:

so the question my friend, is which pre charged pop, are tempting you to to the inner sanctum of the dark side?

Sake-san

Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:08 am

Heart says FWB, head says Steyr ;)

no avatar
gary martin

Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:13 pm

Sake-san wrote:Heart says FWB, head says Steyr ;)

like your style, for myself heart says FWB, head says Steyr, wallet says SMK. :oops:

Sake-san

Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:18 pm

I know!, must resist, must resist... still only a thought at this time. Actually my TX's are shooting so well now (and just possibly in a few days even sweeter ;) ) that it would be sad in a way to donate shooting time to a PCP.
I have a suspicion that it might become a tad boring also, especially that mastering the wind is ultimately so easy :lol: :roll:
And just to to add a further ingredient to this veritable masala there is also the RAW TM1000 to consider, was very, very impressed with one I shot last winter. But, they seem not so popular on the UK circuit, possibly others have the same allergy as me ;)
Happy days and with the grounds almost put to bed for the winter more time for shooting :)

no avatar
itmovedhonest

Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:30 pm

I have just sold a pcp and am now in springer only mode. A pro sport and a walther lgv both in 177. I probably wont bother with a pcp again as they are a bit tedious and both springers shoot so well.
Any thoughts on tuning a pro sport? It shoots very nicely but could it be better?

no avatar
gary martin

Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:38 pm

itmovedhonest wrote:I have just sold a pcp and am now in springer only mode. A pro sport and a walther lgv both in 177. I probably wont bother with a pcp again as they are a bit tedious and both springers shoot so well.
Any thoughts on tuning a pro sport? It shoots very nicely but could it be better?

tuning a pro sport.
to be honest fella, it all depends on what you like, one size doesn't fit all. i have shot springers which i like the feel of, yet others felt harsh to shoot. i like a very snappy shot cycle others prefer a softer one. a lot maybe down to your intended use, target shooters like myself tend to go for a shorter stroke version. what exactly do you not like? when asking a question of the nature of the one you posed, the answers can only be based upon personal preference, which may be at odds to your own, or supposition of what is perceived. on a base, if you want to improve on the basic set up, get some decent guides, because the std ones IMHO are a little slack.
Gary.

no avatar
itmovedhonest

Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:32 pm

Thanks for the response. I manly hunt with it and just want to get it as accurate ax possible. To bd honest if I am not going to get Lille improvement I will probably leave it until it needs a service and then look at the options.