TX 200 SPRING ...

no avatar
KeithS

TX 200 SPRING ...

Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:18 pm

After thousands of pellets my tx 200 needs a new spring
the one that's in has snapped :roll: ...
What's the best spring, and I don't want to cut it down to much hassle ..

no avatar
gary martin

Re: TX 200 SPRING ...

Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:17 pm

i would stick with a standard AA spring, decent quality and no cutting. if you went aftermarket, you will have to cut in most cases as they are not designed for a particular rifle. they are made for a vast array of rifles. if you are going for a whole set up, eg vortec/vmac etc the spring should be matched, which still could put it over the limit.
Gary.

no avatar
wastrel

Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:35 pm

Patience Keith, patience, there's a fair few members have fettled that rifle & once they get their teeth in, more advice will follow, not that Gary is to be ignored, not at all, but more will chip in, give it time.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
gary martin

Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:19 pm

Si is correct be patient. the reason i suggest that standard would be the way to go, is because the way i read your post and interpreted it is, that you wish the replacement to have little hassle, length/removing coils etc. maybe you could clarify what you wish to achieve.
i am doing my pro sport at moment and in the process short stroking it to get a feel that is more benificial to my chosen sport which is FT. i am changing from 99mm stroke to 85mm Mk2 dimentions. i have had a piston latch rod made 14mm longer than Mk3 spec, a MK2 spring AA one, in process of having guides (delrin) made and an O Ring piston seal. thats greater hassle but you have to do what you have to do. if your more than happy with the setup you have, why change?
Gary.

Sake-san

Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:19 am

If you were happy with the way the gun was shooting prior the spring breaking (one assumes that you were given thousands of pellets) and if the internals (piston, seal, guides etc) are all standard then just fit a new AA Spring (Julian Bond is your man for that).
Probably sensible to treat it to a new piston seal and new breach seals at the same time (Mr Bond again) along with a quick degrease and relube.
IMHO and unless you have a specific, defined issue to address then the exotica of tuning parts / kits are best avoided.
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

no avatar
fiestazetecmk2

Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:21 pm

My tx200hc has got a tinbum kit,which consists of delrin spring guide and top hat,plus 2 power bands,this may not be the answer your looking for but,my tx200hc is very smooth now,no twang,and very consistent,it now has 10.26 ft lbs very consistent on my chrono,also completley cleaned internals and re lubed,I'm happy with results,and wasn't that expensive ,big plus is alot less recoil,and that can only be a good thing,it has a standard airarms spring inside,ok
Paul,
Tx200hc.22 .cs1000 stock,hawke varmint sf 6-24-44

Sake-san

Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:14 pm

fiestazetecmk2 wrote:My tx200hc has got a tinbum kit,which consists of delrin spring guide and top hat,plus 2 power bands,this may not be the answer your looking for but,my tx200hc is very smooth now,no twang,and very consistent,it now has 10.26 ft lbs very consistent on my chrono,also completley cleaned internals and re lubed,I'm happy with results,and wasn't that expensive ,big plus is alot less recoil,and that can only be a good thing,it has a standard airarms spring inside,ok
Paul,

Hi Paul
I am understanding that your gun now makes a different mechanical noise but, can you help me to understand how you quantify "smooth" please?.
Also may one enquire please as to how you measure or quantify "a lot less recoil"?. Also are you attributing these changes to the plastic guides or to the cleaned internals and the relube or indeed to a combinatorial effect of both?.
Your insights would be appreciated, we are all learning ;)

Thank you

no avatar
fiestazetecmk2

Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:22 pm

;) I bought my tx200hc secondhand ,its a 2004 .22 which made it 11 years old when I got it,,and not knowing it's past history,I decided to strip and check the gun over,it just didnt seem as it should,my chrono was giving odd results which I didn't have when I bought it,,the spring was covered with thick black grease ,the spring guide was damaged,also the top hat wasn't as it should be,so I decided to replace with a tinbum kit,then re lubed the spring and guide,didn't fit any power bands as chrono was giving consistent results of 10.26, and I was happy with that,
what I will say is that the gun is very smooth to cock,the recoil is minimal,and I mean minimal,I think with the internals being damaged then that's why it wasn't shooting as it should have been,but now its a joy to use,friends have tx200hc and mine has less recoil than any of there's,they want to use mine?, I know my gun now,I know you might not have the answers you wanted but you know the story behind my tx200hc, I'm a springer user,always have been, and will continue to be,I am also still learning,
Tx200hc.22 .cs1000 stock,hawke varmint sf 6-24-44

Sake-san

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:00 am

Sounds good, enjoy it and as always safe shooting.