Warm up shots for TX200

no avatar
FPoole

Warm up shots for TX200

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:42 am

I have solved the long sought after question of, "How many warm up shots to get the poi back to normal?" The answer is 3. I have let my current FT TX sit for right at 6 months without touching it. I finally had to get in a few shots. The first 3, at 25m, were one ragged hole, but .5" high. I aimed .5" low for the next shot and it hit .5" low. I shot 3 more at the bull and all went in the bull very tightly. I moved out to 50m and the first shot hit at 9 o'clock with perfect elevation. There was a slight cross wind, so I aimed at the 3 o'clock edge and hit almost dead center. The next shot hit right on 3 o'clock due to a drop in the slight breeze. I kept my aim at the 3 o'clock edge and the next 2 shots were within a pellets width of the last 3 o'clock shot. I was already bored with this gun and went inside. Must be what pcp shooters feel like. The gun is a .177 MarkI, in factory walnut, and a lefty to boot. I've got a few friends with RAW 1000 pcp guns that may be in for a whipping at our first match of the fall.

Timmytree

Re: Warm up shots for TX200

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:44 am

If I leave the Prosport alone for a week or 2 I always put a couple of shots through the combro, the 1st is nearly always 15 fps higher than normal, 2nd about 10 fps and the 3rd is where it should be!

Blackbaronfish

Re: Warm up shots for TX200

Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:39 am

It’s a good job you lot have three fingers :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started