AA S510 ult sporter Sope mount problems

Re: AA S510 ult sporter Sope mount problems

Postby Roger5 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:40 pm

Lon'gun wrote:Have you checked the barrel clamp grub screws for tightness.?
Maybe the barrel has moved off centre.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNdYqVHiRBg

The YouTube clip is for S400/410 not the S510 Rog
Roger5

Postby Lon'gun » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:56 pm

It is indeed.
The principle should apply equally to the s510 US barrel support, and certainly worth checking.
Lon'gun

Postby Roger5 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:50 am

Lon'gun wrote:It is indeed.
The principle should apply equally to the s510 US barrel support, and certainly worth checking.

The problem starts with the shroud, if you tighten it to the breech block it is quite possible that the barrel will be pulled of to one side, which is why I said to leave it slightly loose, the shrouds are quite often not as straight as they should be, but easy to check, take the shroud off and see if it will now zero. Rog
Roger5

Postby Lon'gun » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:35 pm

I understand what you are saying Rog.
Though, when the moderator is pushed onto the barrel and locates squarely into the shroud, the barrel should centralise in the shroud as a rigid assembly, hence my suggestion concerning the barrel band alignment and the link to video.
Am I missing something?

Chris
Lon'gun

Postby Roger5 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:29 pm

Lon'gun wrote:I understand what you are saying Rog.
Though, when the moderator is pushed onto the barrel and locates squarely into the shroud, the barrel should centralise in the shroud as a rigid assembly, hence my suggestion concerning the barrel band alignment and the link to video.
Am I missing something?

Chris

This is true it does centralise it, but the A/A clip suggests that you should use a jig to align the barrel and then tighten the grub screws on the 8 band, I have never had to do it like that, I just slacken the grub screws and let the barrel align itself and then retighten grub screws, as I say the real problem is with the shroud, if it was straight in the first place the problem probably wouldn't exist, you shouldn't have to push/pull the shroud into alignment, it should be straight in the first place, as I say if you just leave the shroud slightly loose the problem quite often disappears. Rog
Roger5

Postby Lon'gun » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:27 pm

That makes sense. Thanks.
I must have been lucky with mine. I optically zeroed a Bushnell ultra HD 4.5-14 before mounting and only needed to adjust for elevation to the zero range.
It's my favourite pcp combo :D
Lon'gun

Previous

Return to TECHNICAL