S510 to S500 Conversion

gdavison

S510 to S500 Conversion

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:32 pm

So as men we all know how Navigation questions in cars goes ... when EVENTUALLY we ask for directions the answer is usually "I'd not start from 'ere"

So this is a bit of a I'd not start from here issue I think ...

I bought a S510 .. had it tuned by Ratworks, regulator fitted and front fill / gauge fitted, dropped it in a ACZ stock .. Today instead of getting the FTP900 out, dragged the 510 out of the cabinet today and remembered why its so nice to shoot. As I do club "events" (ie none FT plinkinking, charity events etc) with it I use a rowan Single shot tray for lane safety (I have tried every 3D printed one available too and still go back to the rowan) ..However In my experience the rowan "destroys" the Indexing post, so I have removed the indexing post from the 510 and therefore also removed the rare earth magnet from the Rowan Single shot adaptor, but left the spring .. so as I cock the rifle and the probe comes back, the adaptor pops open for loading because of the spring, however without the magnet I have to swing in the adaptor and push the lever forward ie a two handed task

So I wondered, having got this S510 where I want it, could I convert the S510 to a "S500" .. however I think all S500's where FAC ? So simply buying a breech spare part and moving things across I dont think will work ??? has any one else explored this idea

Or do I "cut to the fence" sell a Ratworked tuned, Lane regulated, front fill/ gauge S510 and get a HFT500 and drop that into the ACZ stock
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

no avatar
Roger5

Re: S510 to S500 Conversion

Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:10 am

I would have a word with Julian, looks like you would only need the S500 side lever bolt housing, he might take the S510 bolt housing off you, which could help with costs (just a suggestion) good luck with that. But the HFT500 would probably be the better option i.e. Probably a better barrel for a start 19.25 as opposed to 15.5 and not so liable to be knocked out of alignment being more robust. Rog