Charging an S400

no avatar
theboycalledleaf

Charging an S400

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:26 am

Hi,

Thanks for adding me to the forum.
I've recently bought a second hand S400 carbine pre anti tamper model.
It came without any charging equipment but with 150 bar in the reservoir.
I've been offered a 15 litre dive bottle (out of test but at a very cheap price as surplus to requirements), but need to know what hose and fittings I require to charge the rifle.
Alternatively I'm considering a pump, so any recommendations would be appreciated. I assume I'd need a hose and fittings for this too?

Everything is different when you're used to springers!

Many thanks.

no avatar
Roger5

Re: Charging an S400

Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:26 am

theboycalledleaf wrote:Hi,

I've been offered a 15 litre dive bottle (out of test but at a very cheap price as surplus to requirements), but need to know what hose and fittings I require to charge the rifle.
Alternatively I'm considering a pump, so any recommendations would be appreciated. I assume I'd need a hose and fittings for this too?

Many thanks.

www.best-fittings.co.uk 01747312672 this is who I use, loads of stuff for charge fittings. Rog

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:36 am

theboycalledleaf wrote:Hi,

Many thanks.

Hello and welcome to the forum, have a look at the link below for charging equipment

http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/

An out of test bottle will cost you about 40 or 50 quid for a test plus having too buy a gauge and a hose plus a rifle connector
A pump is fine if your a fit Youngman (unlike myself) a pump will cost you between 120 too 160 quid have a search of the web there are offers too be had.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:54 am

I would also add that if the cylinder is fitted with a land valve aka gun charging valve which has a built in gauge and bleed screw you will only need a hydro test every 5 years rather than 2. If you have to pay to have a diving valve replaced by a gun charging valve you will recoup it very quickly.

You also need to be a young man to lift a 15 litre tank into the boot!