FTP 900 Cocking Issue

no avatar
zippo1973

FTP 900 Cocking Issue

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:09 am

I hope someone can give me some advice. Last Sunday when shooting a competition, I had cocked the rifle, loaded a pellet, pushed the cocking handle back, took aim, pulled the trigger and nothing. It was as though the gun hadn't been loaded. My first thought was, did I actually put a pellet in? So I re-cocked the rifle and fired and I heard the pellet fire off into the undergrowth. It was fine then for about another dozen or so targets and then the same thing happened again. I have a feeling it's a trigger sear problem, could anyone shed some light :?:

Gaspode

Re: FTP 900 Cocking Issue

Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:24 am

Hi,

I've recently purchased a FTP 900 and had what may be the same problem during my first few bench rest cards.
Having read the manual, something I rarely do, I came across this sentence on page 7 :-
The trigger also requires a pull through motion. If the trigger has not been ‘pulled through’ the sears may not have reset and will not be able to engage when the rifle is next cocked.
So on all subsequent shots I have 'pulled through' and the problem has not re-occurred.

Cheers