Galahad indexing.

no avatar
TClancey

Galahad indexing.

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:11 am

Hi folks.

I have a problem with a New Galahad. It's pretty much perfect in every way except the magazine has never indexed correctly. Yesterday I pulled it apart and tried adjusting the indexing lever, but couldn't get it perfect. No matter how I adjusted it, it always left the magazine not quite turned enough. (Many magazines)

I checked my 510 which indexes absolutely perfectly so I tried to swap the arms over, this didn't even turn the magazine in the Galahad, so there's a substantial difference somewhere. I didn't mess about with this one and swapped them back straight away thinking one gun working is better than neither. Especially when I've just sold the 510 to a friend!

I've messed with the Galahad adjustment so much now the arm is too weak to hold a position so I've ordered a couple more. But, I'm thinking, will these again be perfect on a 510 and not a Galahad?

Has anyone else had such problems, if so what was the solution?

Thanks

no avatar
Roger5

Re: Galahad indexing.

Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:17 pm

Have to say I haven't had one of these to play with yet, but I understand they are basically a 410/510 set up, which means that they have a magazine retaining clip, pull the bolt/sidelever back ie cock it, loosen mag retaining screws x2, push magazine in, then close bolt, tighten screws and you should be good to go, hope that helps. Rog

no avatar
Smudgerii

Re: Galahad indexing.

Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Mine went back under warranty for this issue. It wasn't the indexing arm as I thought, it turned out to be the spring clip that retains the mag being to weak.