S510 ultimate sporter

no avatar
PointerJack

S510 ultimate sporter

Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:35 pm

Hi all,

I've finally decided to join this site after watching from the sidelines for a few weeks.

I have a S410 which I've had from new for 8 years with no hassle. However, just purchased a S510 US second hand about a month ago. Everything was fine and I was just getting a feel for it and used it on vermin very successfully.

But then, all of a sudden every shot was a flier using the same pellets that were one holing at 35m with ease. On looking down the barrel I noticed that it was nearly blocked where the pellets were clipping the moderator. Now I have looked all over the net and youtube and can't find a way that shows how to remove the mod from the shroud even though the mod can be loosened by the grub screw.

Anyone heard of this and can advise on what to do?

Thanks in advance

PJ

no avatar
Roger5

Re: S510 ultimate sporter

Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:58 am

PointerJack wrote:Hi all,

I've finally decided to join this site after watching from the sidelines for a few weeks.

I have a S410 which I've had from new for 8 years with no hassle. However, just purchased a S510 US second hand about a month ago. Everything was fine and I was just getting a feel for it and used it on vermin very successfully.

But then, all of a sudden every shot was a flier using the same pellets that were one holing at 35m with ease. On looking down the barrel I noticed that it was nearly blocked where the pellets were clipping the moderator. Now I have looked all over the net and youtube and can't find a way that shows how to remove the mod from the shroud even though the mod can be loosened by the grub screw.

Anyone heard of this and can advise on what to do?

Thanks in advance.

PJ
. Once grub screw is loosened it should pull/slide off, there is nothing else holding it. Rog

no avatar
PointerJack

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:20 pm

Thanks Rog

I've tried that gently as I didn't want to cause any damage but I'll try again with more force then.

Many thanks

PJ

Blackbaronfish

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:28 pm

Sounds like the grub has created a high spot.Drop a light oil down the grub screw hole and turn back and forth whilst easing off.
Once removed the high spot can be filed off.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
PointerJack

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:42 pm

I have tried my hardest to get the moderator off, but it just keeps spinning round. When the grub screw is underneath, the pellets must clip it as they are all over, but if I put it to the side it's spot on again so I've just left it there for now.

I'll have to have another look at it as something is definitely not right.

Thanks for your help

no avatar
Roger5

Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Take the scope off and undo the bolts that hold the barrel on, and pull the whole bloody lot out, you can then get at the back of the mod, you should be able to use a spanner or adjustables to tap it off, put some tape on the barrel so you don't mark it. Rog