MPR

no avatar
Heff

MPR

Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:40 pm

When refitting air tube to rifle all the air escapes, it is cocked. Is this a broken seal and is it easy to fit.

Blackbaronfish

Re: MPR

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Sounds like it needs a blast of air to reset the seal. Hand pumps don't usually work, and some dive cylinders have a slow fill valve that hinders the blast. Try another cylinder for a fix.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Roger5

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Heff wrote:When refitting air tube to rifle all the air escapes, it is cocked. Is this a broken seal and is it easy to fit.

Hi, to be honest I don't know much about 10 Mtr 6ftlb rifles, but I would say that there will be a seal on the end of the cylinder that needs renewing, much the same as an S 200, probably caused by lack of lube, I would think this would happen every now and then having to keep taking cylinder off to fill it. Rog

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:41 pm

There is an o-ring in the rifle receiver that a plain spigot about 8mm diameter on the cylinder fits into. A pin concentric with the o-ring presses in the cylinder fill valve and lets air in once the o-ring is entered first. There is no seal on the cylinder. It would be a very obvious "external" hiss if it was that o-ring, like the hiss when the cylinder is removed. If the air sounds like it is coming down the barrel it will probably be the firing valve seal.

The firing valve/pot is a different design to the normal S400 for some reason. All that 57mm stuff is irrelevant.

(1 of 1) (1).jpg
(1 of 1) (1).jpg (32.9 KiB) Viewed 1869 times