S410 Classic

no avatar
biggimmer

S410 Classic

Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi all,
I've just picked up my S410 Classic after not using it for a year or so. I had stored it with about a third of a charge of air in it....but it was empty when I picked it up. I have tried dry firing it a few times and recharging but there is a significant leak. It appears to be coming out of the end of the reservoir?
Any ideas anybody?

no avatar
wkeev

Re: S410 Classic

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:58 pm

I read when refilling an empty gun you need to cock it so the pressure is off the firing valve . If that doesnt work you may have to replace the orings .

no avatar
Outandabout

Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:24 pm

I am no expert but try a very quick blast of air into the charge point. Then continue to try and fill slowly.

no avatar
biggimmer

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:26 am

Yes I know it needs to be cocked when filling from empty ;)
I will try giving it a quick blast from the bottle and see if that helps.
I've had issues with it before when a piece of dust has got stuck on the firing pin, cocking it and 'dry' firing it has worked for that issue in the past but has been of no help this time.
I wonder if the newer AA guns have a filter fitted to the fill valve? If so can these be retro fitted to my gun? It has phenomenal accuracy, when properly benched up I can get true single hole 5 shot groups at 45 yds and is a great gun when it seals....but these leaks are a real pain. I'm considering selling it and getting a springer again!

Blackbaronfish

Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:56 am

The newer style cylinder valves do indeed have built in filters 8-) . They will fit older cylinders aswell.
You can purchase them from Julian Bond the site owner. Julian is located in the sales section under Bgaltd.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started