Silencer

no avatar
Outandabout

Silencer

Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:56 pm

Has anybody made their own silencer. If so what is the best materials to use to supress the noise and dissipate the air.
A guy at work recons using the old style womens foam curlers work well, also he says green scrubbing pads work.
I have thought about filling an ald silencer with spring washers - any thoughts.
Do you think using something other than a metal for the body would make it quieter.
Kevin

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Silencer

Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:05 pm

Outandabout wrote:Has anybody made their own silencer. If so what is the best materials to use to supress the noise and dissipate the air.
A guy at work recons using the old style womens foam curlers work well, also he says green scrubbing pads work.
I have thought about filling an ald silencer with spring washers - any thoughts.
Do you think using something other than a metal for the body would make it quieter.
Kevin

there used too be a thread on here a few years back about using the roller and scrubbing pad method.
i think it was gnome of the woods that put the post up send him a pm and ask him how efficient it was.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Outandabout

Re: Silencer

Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:15 pm

eboswan wrote:
Outandabout wrote:Has anybody made their own silencer. If so what is the best materials to use to supress the noise and dissipate the air.
Kevin

there used too be a thread on here a few years back about using the roller and scrubbing pad method.
i think it was gnome of the woods that put the post up send him a pm and ask him how efficient it was.

Cheers Brian, will do.