Missing O ring ??

no avatar
Bezzer

Missing O ring ??

Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:28 pm

Just had my S400 apart to give it a bit of a service, clean the hammer, rail etc. Put it back together and I'd got a leak from filler valve, Murphy's law applied as I hadn't even touched that end of the rifle. :roll: I'd already got a seal kit so took the filler off and saw it didn't have any O ring seal on the main thread and replaced the small O ring inside the valve. The parts diagram shows an O ring seal but the one in the kit supposedly for it was too sloppy a fit and deformed as soon as it touched the air cylinder when screwed in. I put it back together without the O ring like I'd found it and it's fine with no leaks.
Did they change their minds and decide one wasn't needed but left it on the parts diagram or am I missing something? ( S484 "male connector O ring and barrel support clamp" )

no avatar
Roger5

Re: Missing O ring ??

Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:57 am

Bezzer wrote:Just had my S400 apart to give it a bit of a service, clean the hammer, rail etc. Put it back together and I'd got a leak from filler valve, Murphy's law applied as I hadn't even touched that end of the rifle. :roll: I'd already got a seal kit so took the filler off and saw it didn't have any O ring seal on the main thread and replaced the small O ring inside the valve. The parts diagram shows an O ring seal but the one in the kit supposedly for it was too sloppy a fit and deformed as soon as it touched the air cylinder when screwed in. I put it back together without the O ring like I'd found it and it's fine with no leaks.
Did they change their minds and decide one wasn't needed but left it on the parts diagram or am I missing something? ( S484 "male connector O ring and barrel support clamp" )

The seal sits in the fill valve body S491, I bet it's still there. Rog

no avatar
Bezzer

Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:02 am

S491 is the main end air reservoir plug, I'm on about s472 the actual fill valve which I unscrewed without disturbing the main plug. The S484 o ring is shown as being between the fill valve and end plug and the one that is missing.

no avatar
Roger5

Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:47 am

Bezzer wrote:S491 is the main end air reservoir plug, I'm on about s472 the actual fill valve which I unscrewed without disturbing the main plug. The S484 o ring is shown as being between the fill valve and end plug and the one that is missing.

When you fit S472 you put the seal on it S484, when you unscrew S472 you will find that sometimes the seal S484 stays in the fill valve body S491, I think you will find that it is still there, I doubt very much that it would hold air without it. Rog

no avatar
Bezzer

Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:07 pm

Thanks, I must have missed something as I never saw any O ring in the main plug part or any recess for it to fit, definitely not leaking now as i tested the valve end in water and no pressure drop over a day. Looks like I'll be going for an eye test sooner rather than later :geek:

no avatar
Roger5

Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:41 pm

Bezzer wrote:Thanks, I must have missed something as I never saw any O ring in the main plug part or any recess for it to fit, definitely not leaking now as i tested the valve end in water and no pressure drop over a day. Looks like I'll be going for an eye test sooner rather than later :geek:

LOL have a nice Christmas Bezzer. Rog :D