Newbie question: Anti tamper

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Newbie question: Anti tamper

Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:10 am

No matter how we try and debate this A.T point the short answer is this.
It is our responsibility too make sure the rifle is legal we can argue about AT all day long.
Even if the shop gave us a cert saying that the rifle is legal that will only last until you get it home. even with AT fitted rifles are known too creep up in power with use so the responsibly lands firmly in our laps.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
what barn door

Re: Newbie question: Anti tamper

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:55 pm

I have a rfd with a shop, very close to me that has neither a chrono or a method of filling bottles, that's their choice of course. On one occassion I bought a 0.22 springer which was put through the chrono at home and found to be a quite a bit over the legal limit, not wanting to add it to my licence or own it illegally it went back to the rfd I bought it from, his face was a picture when I explained whyI didn't want the gun.

Roger I agree with you completely about the law having no exception for ignorance, but I do sympathise with ordinary people who buy xyz make of gun assuming that as it was bought from a shop licensed to sell them, they have no further responsibility for it's power output, especially as they probably have no idea that the power output can change.