Tx200 TRIGGER ISSUES AND CURE

no avatar
robs5230

Tx200 TRIGGER ISSUES AND CURE

Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:29 am

I've recently added an old early HC to my collection of rifles. Needed a fair bit of cosmetic work so it was stripped and sent off for cerakoting as I fancied something other than a blued finish.
Anyway the trigger seemed very poor, sloppy and vague and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't seem to set it for the breaking point I wanted.
On stripping the whole trigger unit was caked in hardened 20 year old dried up grease so first job was a strip and thorough de grease.
After a proper re lube it was reassembled but still couldn't get it how i wanted.
I drilled an aperture in the side of the trigger housing to make a window so I could see the sear contact. Still couldn't get it right.
After lots of head scratching I removed the trigger weight screw to find the spring was just tired and not working as it should. A new weight spring has dramatically changed how the trigger works and its probably better than my other TX's. The spring I've used was actually a dead safety spring but it works as a temp fix.
Just ordered the correct parts from Julian at Bondgunaccessories who was very helpful and everything will be back as it should be in a couple of days.
Never really considered that over the years, even the tiniest parts can wear and affect things in such a dramatic way.
Nice one Julian , thanks

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Re: Tx200 TRIGGER ISSUES AND CURE

Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:20 am

robs5230 wrote:I drilled an aperture in the side of the trigger housing to make a window so I could see the sear contact....

I quite like that idea! good for quick lube too?

Great first post.