Broken S510 won't cock

no avatar
niclaw

Broken S510 won't cock

Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:31 am

I saw it happen, my brother was pulling back the sidelever and slipped off. Now gun won't cock or shoot. Very little resistance moving the lever, doesn't feel like it's moving the hammer. Magazine mechanism still works. Any ideas? I'm think something broke.
How does the trigger assembly come out?
Does the gun need de-gassed? How to do that, can't fire it down.?

Raj

Re: Broken S510 won't cock

Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:43 am

Welcome to the AAOC and sorry to hear about the issue with the S510.

Sounds like a broken sear to me. This can be safely checked by removing the side cover on the trigger assembly. You will not need to de-gas for doing that. Just in case the rifle has cocked and there is a pellet in the chamber, please point the barrel somewhere safe while you take a look at the trigger.

Plenty of posts here and videos on Youtube about how to open the trigger cover. :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

gdavison

Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:51 am

AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

no avatar
Roger5

Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:28 am

niclaw wrote:I saw it happen, my brother was pulling back the sidelever and slipped off. Now gun won't cock or shoot. Very little resistance moving the lever, doesn't feel like it's moving the hammer. Magazine mechanism still works. Any ideas? I'm think something broke.
How does the trigger assembly come out?
Does the gun need de-gassed? How to do that, can't fire it down.?

You should still be feeling resistance from hammer spring,sounds like the little bolt has sheared of the hammer s356H is the part number, if there was resistance, it is possibly top sear, I will let someone else tell you how to let the air out, got told off last time :D Rog and as Raj said you don't have to de-gass to do what you are going to need to do. It could also be the bolt that holds the cocking link to the probe, but you will not know anything until you get it apart.Rog

no avatar
niclaw

Top sear broken

Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:37 pm

Yes it is a broken top sear. The internet and all the air gun groups are great. Many thanks, it's the best way to keep our toys running.
And I can order the replacement part from right here in Ohio.

no avatar
Roger5

Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:01 pm

Brilliant, glad your sorted. Rog

no avatar
ArmyBiker

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:48 pm

Gents - I appreciated finding this thread.
Give me some grace over my air-gun "newbie" status. I'm a handgun/rifle veteran. Had a spring-loaded pellet gun which served me well for years, but only recently acquired my first "serious" air gun - AAS510. And LOVE the accuracy that I achieved with zero tinkering.

I got a little too excited this morning hunting squirrels in my backyard and frustrated that I had not reloaded my magazine after whacking a squirrel a few hours earlier, I was hurrying to pull the magazine out in order to reload... and as I did so - I half-cocked and let 'er slip, which discharged the gun (to my surprise!! Glad the barrel was pointed in a safe direction. After that, it would never fire again. Dang it!! I'm also worried in my attempts to "re-cock" it several times, like an idiot, I've also got 2-3 pellets lodged in there.

At any rate - this string allowed me to rapidly diagnose my problem as likely a broken top seer. I found a great video on YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ge3cfq1AOQ, which was helpful... and confirmed the broken top seer. Ugh.

NOW my problem is - where the heck to FIND a new top seer?

Thanks again for this forum - and your kind assistance.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:29 am

I responded to your comment on Youtube. I think there was a bad batch as it is not uncommon and they ought to replace them out of warranty, but for the money just get a replacement from Julian on the forum.

no avatar
ArmyBiker

Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:07 pm

Ha! Right on. Who knew I'd bump into you both places. THANKS AGAIN!